2015 U.S. Nationals practice reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Nationals practice reports

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Hooks are when the skater lands and their landing foot hooks around sharply, which is usually a telltale sign of an UR since they have to come around extra quickly. Mirai's 3T was most definitely at minimum UR in that clip of not actually <<...

Thank you for explaining!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Ah, I loooved Adam's Finlandia LP. More than Jason's T&I, and I am a Jason uber. I loved the choreography, the music cuts, the way that Adam appeared to float with the music.

In the GPF game, I put Adam in the top 5, maybe the top 4, of all his competitions. And we know how that turned out for me.:drama: I wouldn't change your predictions yet.

But Adam's forthright admission that his GP season "sucked" makes me love him again.:love:

I switched him with Chen already:drama:...I can't do this any more [insert emoticon of me being almost physically sick here]
I love his skating, but am not so sure about his consistency...El henry, why do you have to say something? Now I am doubting my decision again!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I switched him with Chen already:drama:...I can't do this any more [insert emoticon of me being almost physically sick here]
I love his skating, but am not so sure about his consistency...El henry, why do you have to say something? Now I am doubting my decision again!

You still have a few hours left to change your mind. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I am sorry, I did not mean to single out your quote, it happens it was the last one of the "OMG Adam with a quad lutz" posts. :biggrin: With which I totally agree how impressive that is. I hope Adam skates well, and with all due respect to Ricky, Max, and Jeremy, I like his quads better and they fit in the program better. And I certainly like Adam better than Nathan.

just adding the :drama:;)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I am sorry, I did not mean to single out your quote, it happens it was the last one of the "OMG Adam with a quad lutz" posts. :biggrin: With which I totally agree how impressive that is. I hope Adam skates well, and with all due respect to Ricky, Max, and Jeremy, I like his quads better and they fit in the program better. And I certainly like Adam better than Nathan.

just adding the :drama:;)

I forgive you although I was not upset:biggrin: It just makes the drama more palpable! I am probably going to change it again! Oh the joy and addiction of result prediction!:laugh2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You still have a few hours left to change your mind. :)

Oh that's just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL. :)

Don't listen to her SJS. Go with your gut feeling. During the GPF I DIDN'T go with my gut that Liza would win and if I had I could have won the whole GP Prediction shebang. So I've learned my lesson for next year! :)

LisaM

Medalist
Has anyone seen Hawayek/Baker? Wondering if they have any adjustments in their dances. :)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
No way. I watched again, perhaps a slight UR on last jump of combo but certainly not half a turn in any of those jumps!

Yes, I am referring to the last jump. It could be human eye inaccuracy causing me to see it as larger than normal. It would be great to see it in slo-mo!

Scovies

Final Flight
It looked very UR to me, even from far away on low-quality video. Her landing foot turns a significant amount on the ice. TSL has tweeted that she's been hooking a lot of her landings this week. This isn't looking good. :/

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
It looked very UR to me, even from far away on low-quality video. Her landing foot turns a significant amount on the ice. TSL has tweeted that she's been hooking a lot of her landings this week. This isn't looking good. :/

TSL isn't even there. They tweeted that from a "source". Who knows who their source is. That video is terrible quality and without slow mo replay it's impossible to tell. I'm going to be optimistic this week!

gkelly

Record Breaker
That video of Nagasu? I can't even tell what the first two jumps were since they seem to start after the takeoff. The landings seemed to be backward but I don't know where they took off. The triple toe in the combo definitely looked hoocked on the landing, possibly by up to 180 degrees.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tweeted this morning:

Ryan Bradley @RyanSBradley
Someone forgot to tell @jasonbskates and @Adaripp that a 7:45am practice was supposed to be difficult. Both were on point all morning
8:47 AM - 22 Jan 2015