Watching Skating Competitions Via New Technology | Golden Skate

Watching Skating Competitions Via New Technology

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't know, I guess I am getting too old for this new way of viewing skating competitions. I still like to sit in front of my TV with my VCR/DVD ready to record, so I can view what I have missed at a later date rather than perched in an office chair in front of my lap top. I also miss the commentating - believe it or not. It's all great I suppose what one can glean from their computer screen about different skaters and events, but call me "old school" when it comes to watching via my tv and favorite chair.
:popcorn:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I don't know, I guess I am getting too old for this new way of viewing skating competitions. I still like to sit in front of my TV with my VCR/DVD ready to record, so I can view what I have missed at a later date rather than perched in an office chair in front of my lap top. I also miss the commentating - believe it or not. It's all great I suppose what one can glean from their computer screen about different skaters and events, but call me "old school" when it comes to watching via my tv and favorite chair.
:popcorn:

You can hook up PCs and laptops to TVs if you want to. Just think of your TV as the monitor at the most basic lazy level.

Also I personally have a couch set up in front of my computer desk rather than a chair. So viewing on the computer for me is perfectly comfortable.

humbaba

Final Flight
I also miss the commentating - believe it or not.

I really like the streams that have no commentating. It's wonderful to see the programs and hear the music without distracting chatter superimposed. Of course, later I go hunt up vids of my faves in every English language source I can find, so I can hear what the commentators had to say. :laugh:

It's great to have so many options available to watch skating. I :love::love: the intertubes.

loopy

Final Flight
I take my laptop to bed with piles of pillows and a cup of tea. Ha ha, I have my laptop playing, my ipad open and my mini laptop going. I love it!