2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24

lavender

Record Breaker
I dunno. I'm not much a an Alexa/Chris fan. There's just something off-putting about her.

Tarah and Danny were fantastic. Also a fan of Maddie and Max, who will stand on the podium with at least the pewter. Wish we could see the program. Grrrr, NBC and IN!

I feel the same. They got a world class score but this is nationals. The good thing for them is that most of the iconic type of pairs aren't skating right now internationally.

Tesla

Final Flight
Too bad it wasn't perfect. However, still an admirable performance. And quite frankly, I just prefer this team, regardless of the results. They just have a lot better choreography/polish, in my opinion.

I completely agree. :)

cptnhastings

On the Ice
They seemed a little underwhelming today. I like that program alot, but seemed different than usual. Anyway, congrats on making the World team!

Alba

Record Breaker
Too bad it wasn't perfect. However, still an admirable performance. And quite frankly, I just prefer this team, regardless of the results. They just have a lot better choreography/polish, in my opinion.

I agree. I like them more too. Anyway they can go at worlds right?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Results

1 11 Alexa Scimeca, DuPage FSC
Christopher Knierim, Broadmoor SC 1 74.01 1 136.48 210.49
2 12 Haven Denney, Panthers FSC
Brandon Frazier, All Year FSC 2 68.38 2 131.54 199.92
3 10 Tarah Kayne, Southwest Florida FSC
Danny O'Shea, Skokie Valley SC 4 61.56 3 123.75 185.31
4 5 Madeline Aaron, Coyotes SC of Arizona
Max Settlage, Broadmoor SC 7 56.45 4 119.29 175.74
5 8 Jessica Calalang, DuPage FSC
Zack Sidhu, Las Vegas FSC 6 58.75 5 115.57 174.32
6 9 Marissa Castelli, SC of Boston
Mervin Tran, SC of Boston 3 64.24 8 104.90 169.14
7 7 Gretchen Donlan, SC of Boston
Nathan Bartholomay, Southwest Florida FSC 5 59.81 6 108.24 168.05
8 6 DeeDee Leng, DuPage FSC
Simon Shnapir, SC of Boston 8 55.03 7 105.26 160.29
9 1 Anya Davidovich, Individual Member
AJ Reiss, Los Angeles FSC 9 49.69 9 92.46 142.15
10 2 Alexandria Shaughnessy, SC of Boston
James Morgan, SC of Boston 10 47.51 10 83.69 131.20
11 4 Olivia Oltmanns, Broadmoor SC
Joshua Santillan, All Year FSC 11 41.13 11 75.31 116.44
12 3 Cali Fujimoto, Peninsula SC
Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne, SC of Lake Placid 12 39.48 12 72.43 111.91

Congrats to the medalists. Sort of sad that there Pewter medalists' FS is nowhere to be found for now...

Scovies

Final Flight

:agree:

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I think had D/F gone first, the bobbles wouldn't've happened. They looked nervous to me out there. But maybe I'm reading stuff into it.

I can easily see D/F beating S/K at Worlds. Of course that'll be 8 and 9 place or thereabouts. I don't think world has anything to be worried about with the US pairs (as usual).

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Don't click on any of those notifications, they have viruses in them!

Alright, thanks, I won't :)

I also prefer Haven and Brandon to Alexa and Chris. I mean, S/C are nice but D/F have much more fire, expression and simply look like a cute, lovely pair, really fitting to each other. Funnily enough, I don't see this fit in Alexa and Chris' skating (and they are engaged, aren't they?)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Placements seem right. Denney and Frazier's music and choreography made me tear up, even if they themselves were tight.

I reeeally hope this lights a fire under both D/F and S/K to deliver at 4CC and Worlds!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I just think that D/F have the most long term potential. Especially if you consider the people who are coaching them...

auser

Record Breaker
What happened? A stream told me that I don't have a new Adobe Flash Player (which I just installed).
Gah please ignore these messages ... they are virus bate. I'm sorry I should have given a warning with the stream I posted earlier :eek::. If you use Firefox browser, installing Adblock Plus addon helps hide these bad ads.

beabstress

On the Ice
Can't dispute S/K's technical content, and they rightly won. What I find so odd, though, is that these two--who are ENGAGED--have very little chemistry on the ice. It's strange. For me, D/F are way more interesting and aesthetically pleasing to watch.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Gah please ignore these messages ... they are virus bate. I'm sorry I should have given a warning with the stream I posted earlier . If you use Firefox browser, installing Adblock Plus addon helps hide these bad ads.

It's OK, don't worry, in any case I have a good antivirus program :) I use Opera, not Firefox. But thanks nevertheless. You see... computers don't like me :)

Back to topic, I'm also very impressed by Jess Calalang and Zack Sidhu. They made such a progress this season, with lovely programs, I like them a lot. Hope they keep developing.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Just reposting my NBC livestream on this new page, which AFAIK, does not have any issues with viruses/popups, etc...

This link aso told me that I need a new Adobe Flash Player in Opera, but I opened it via Internet Explorer and it seems OK :) Ads working!