Nagasu now wearing past figure skating scars with pride | Golden Skate

Nagasu now wearing past figure skating scars with pride

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nagasu now wearing past figure skating scars with pride
A year after crushing disappointment, Mirai Nagasu returns to nationals with aplomb

via @Kateek

Thank you for the link golden411! :agree: I think Mirai did great in the SP last night. I hope for even greater things in her FS no matter where she places.

Mirai's remarks are quite poignant. And I love Gracie's honesty on her combo! She could have easily used her recent recovery from the stress fracture as an excuse but she didn't.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She skated better than she has in a long time. The 3F, 3Lo and 2A were all around as much as they needed to be. The 3T was probably << but a < call isn't overly generous given the scoring last night.

creaturelover

On the Ice
Thank you for the link golden411! :agree: I think Mirai did great in the SP last night. I hope for even greater things in her FS no matter where she places.

Mirai's remarks are quite poignant. And I love Gracie's honesty on her combo! She could have easily used her recent recovery from the stress fracture as an excuse but she didn't.

I agree with you 100%! Mirai was very eloquent and I love that Gracie did not mince words; a mistake is a mistake and sometimes there are no excuses for them. Personally, I thought she was super close to the boards and after landing the lutz so far forward she could only manage a double toe

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree with you 100%! Mirai was very eloquent and I love that Gracie did not mince words; a mistake is a mistake and sometimes there are no excuses for them. Personally, I thought she was super close to the boards and after landing the lutz so far forward she could only manage a double toe

I think that's what happened too. You can't make silly mistakes like skating to close to the boards. If she tacks on a triple toe like always it's a dead heat.