2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies FS Jan 24 | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies FS Jan 24

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Only saw a few jumpy videos on YouTube but I really liked Ashley's program. I think her dress is stunning and love the fire she skates with. Her off-ice persona may be a bit off-putting but I think that personality translates well on the ice. Watching her skate makes me want to go high-kick something and be fierce. LOL I'm just a fan watching from home. I don't really care what she's like as a person.

Gracie did a good job but her skating still leaves me cold. However, I do like her speed and the height on her jumps. Chen was all right, I guess. I need to watch the video again. But her bendy skills made me realize I miss all the fantastic spiral sequences we used to get more frequently. The potential to be great is there but I would wait to see what happens after puberty hits. I often worry about these young girls hurting themselves as they grow.

conga

On the Ice
They are survivors. One thing I have noticed about US Champions while it may all be hunky dory as long as they keep winning, but the moment they don't, they are in danger of getting discarded, politically bashed and trashed talked like crazy over the smallest things. Federation playing favourites doesn't help either, it is too fickle minded. I bet Gracie is mad now how she is clearly passed over this Nationals, the enormous gap was too obvious. Overtime, no one can survive this sort of pressurised environment without develop some healthy self defensive mechanism and ego. If the world is against you, it is the only way to survive and fight back... which old timers like Jeremy and Ashley have all got, Adam probably gained quite a bit, and soon Gracie.

This ^^^

conga

On the Ice
I loved Ashley's performance last night--the woman is spunky and fierce as all get out! :love:

I must say that I find criticism of Ashley being too outspoken and "cocky" very troubling. I have a nagging feeling that if she was male, many of those critics would find the self-confidence and outspokenness simply the sign of a tough athlete. Well, she is. These women are hard-working athletes and fierce competitors. As Johnny put it so well last night, ladies' figure skating is "brass knuckles under velvet gloves".

Stay true to yourself Ashley, and let your confidence and competitiveness shine! :cheer:

LOVED that statement by Johnny!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Karen is so underrated. In my opinion, she was the best of the night. But everyone's attention was on Ashley and Gracie. :no: I wasn't impressed with Ashley's performance and Grace was okay. But Karen was amazing and only 15. So much natural talent.

I would have scored her in 2nd and very, very close to Ashley. She has speed, fire, good edges, huge jumps (that solo Double Axel in the LP is the best I've seen any female do since Midori Ito), and AMAZING spins. Just needs some more maturity now and clean up that toeloop technique a bit.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I'm so disappointed my dream of a 2nd place Mirai didn't come true. On the plus side, whatever stuff I was having that night must have been really good because it seemed so real.

CutieP

On the Ice
Is it really true that the men's thread has reached it's 100th page, and the ladies are at 97? Really?!? Is this the best you can do:unsure:

Who do I have to provoke here to get this thing moving again?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is it really true that the men's thread has reached it's 100th page, and the ladies are at 97? Really?!? Is this the best you can do:unsure:
Who do I have to provoke here to get this thing moving again?
Let me try: Karen Chen will be greater than Mao and Yuna combine.
:laugh2: don't kill me!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
So you're saying, Karen will break Mao's SP record, Yuna's FS record.... and break Yuzuru's combined record? :biggrin:
On top of that, she will see his Pooh Bear and raise with Kerokeropi Frog! Yea, Pooh has no chance.
And poor Karen she will gain tons of dislikes from Japan and Korea combine. Rarely occasion when these 2 countries get along in one matter. Beware Karen!