The Costume Thread | Golden Skate

The Costume Thread

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
For those of us who don't mind commenting on fashion during a competition! It's always fun to look at who pulls off the best look, and it's a step away from judging debates or slow-mo rotation reviews.

I have to say that the pairs have had a lot of really good costumes thus far, especially in the short. Everybody looked good in the short. I think my favorite might have been Anya Davidovich gets the prize for her short. She always seems to look great, though.

For the ladies short, I actually really like Polina's. Honorable mention to Leah and Karen.

Men's- Jordan Moeller's was very nice.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I rather liked how similar the top three American men's costumes where. I was so hoping they would show up at the presser together like that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The men's costumes were mostly a snoozefest, but Adam looked very nice :love: and Richard's costume is perfect for his program (too bad the skating was nothing special). Alex Johnson was well dressed, too.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
I do agree about Alex Johnson! His costume was as elegant as his movement.

I suppose I should throw out an honorable mention to Patrick Rupp's sleeves. They were totally ridiculous, but they did almost as much choreography as he did. :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpb6ZJ5LRU

Edit to add: Cali Fujimoto and Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne long program! Love it.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
excited to watch live comp:cheer::dance::cheer2: on "NBC"
oops, wrong thread... :p

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
I thought Amber Glenn's short costume was lovely. And Mirai's dress for the free.

Last edited:

mnm464

On the Ice
Gracie's free dress is stunning combo with her blonde hair. The patters were so inticate. Very well coordinated!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Loooooved the shirt Jeremy was wearing yesterday.

I sort of liked it, but if people were saying Max's costume was too tight, unfortunately Jeremy's shirt looked like he flogged it out of a little boy's bag. It looked way too small for him.

I do feel a bit wuzrobbed that they didn't take off their jackets in the PC and sit there in a blue-shirted row. :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Joshua Farris worked his blue shirted-look particularly well ;)

Yes. a perfect fit. I agree with Karne that Jeremy's shirt looks a size too small. I think it's the sleeves. I don't mind a tight shirt, but the sleeves are tight and short so it looks odd. Hasn't he changed his shirt quite a bit this season?

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
I wasn't so sure about Mariah's dress. Something about the combination of the color and the fit of the skirt swallowed her a bit. It had potential, though. I wish they would have done it in a two-tone fading from blue at the top to green in the skirt.

Hannah Miller's FS dress might be my favorite of the whole competition: http://figureskatersonline.com/hannahmiller/main/photos/photos-2014-ice-challenge/
(Edit- scroll to the free skate dress in the slide show).