Toller Cranston, RIP | Golden Skate

Toller Cranston, RIP

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ETA:

Reports of Toller Cranston's death have been confirmed..

Heartbroken. One of the greatest. He revolutionized figure skating.

:cry::cry::cry:

Rest in peace, Toller.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Just saw the tweet and immediately thought of you :cry:

I'm so sorry....

One of the greats, always remembered

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
After the Ladies coverage on TSN1 they have reported it. Said to be of a heart attack. RIP.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw the tweet and immediately thought of you :cry:

I'm so sorry....

One of the greats, always remembered

Thank you; I am sure he will be remembered at Canadian Nats; I hope he is remembered at US Nats as well.

Mods: can we edit the header to take out the question mark, and perhaps use the header in my actual post? I don't know how to do that.

rain

Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever seen Tracy Wilson in tears on the air before. Truly a giant in the sport. He ushered in a new era. An original.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
RIP to a legend, my sister saw the news on Twitter and I was so so shocked, what sad news

BlackPack

Medalist
RIP, Mr. Cranston :cry: This past year has been awful for the figure skating community. GS lost 2 members and now Toller. :no:

Big Deal

Final Flight
I've seen all of his great programs in those good old days. He was amongst my all time top 3 with John Curry and Yagudin.
RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Very sad. He was an artist on and off the ice. A pioneer, an innovator. A sad day for skating. May happy memories keep a smile to those who mourn; may hopes of those inspired bring us comfort at this time. And may we just be a little kinder, gentler to one another.

pinky2114

Rinkside
So sad! He was such an innovator and his influence changed the sport for the better. That's a good legacy.

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
RIP. My condolences to his family and friends. A sad day to figure skating indeed.

jcoates

Medalist
I just hear on NBC. This is terribly sad. Skating owes an incalulable debt to this man and his passion to make it better. RIP.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
The word brilliant and genius gets tossed around a lot in these days of faux artists but anyone who has not seen him skate look on YouTube for what you can find. I loved his painting as much and there is a big whole missing in the hearts of Canadians because he truly was a brilliant artistic man. He is always on my great male skaters list. Rip Mr Cranston from your Usa fan. I pray Olympia gets to meet him in heaven. Same age of passing. I know she adored Toller.

Does anyone know cause of death? Sadly my first thought was aids but perhaps it was something sudden. I know I will try to find a special Toller something on YouTube. Please anyone post anything to let the younger ones know this was no ordinary skater nor man. Condolences to his many Canadian devotees here on Gs. :cry:

Last edited: