US teams for 2015 Worlds and 4CCs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

US teams for 2015 Worlds and 4CCs

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I say send the same 3 to 4CC too. Let Jason and especially Josh get more experience. If anything maybe send Max instead of Adam who has gone to 4CC 4 of the last 5 years.

Last edited:

amc987

On the Ice
Whom would you have go if not the top three finishers? Jeremy has a history of hit-or-miss, and Max didn't score very well during the grand prix. Right now I'm not sure if any of the US men are really consistent...

That's who I would send. They're the top 3 and I don't see any more reliable alternative. I just hope US Figure Skating has some Xanax for the men's competition in Shanghai.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'd give Max a 4CC spot. It'd be a different story if he bombed down to 4th place, but he actually skated quite well.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The men:

(1/25/15) - U.S. Figure Skating has named its selections for the 2015 World Figure Skating Championships, 2015 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and 2015 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

MEN

2015 World Championships
Jason Brown
Joshua Farris
Adam Rippon

Alternate 1 - Max Aaron
Alternate 2 - Jeremy Abbott
Alternate 3 - Ross Miner

2015 Four Continents Championships
Jason Brown
Joshua Farris
Adam Rippon

Alternate 1 - Max Aaron
Alternate 2 - Ross Miner
Alternate 3 - Jeremy Abbott

2015 World Junior Championships
Nathan Chen
Kevin Shum
Andrew Torgashev

Alternate 1 - Paolo Borromeo
Alternate 2 - Spencer Howe
Alternate 3 - Shotaro Omori

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=50897&type=media

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Not a bad selection at all for the men. :) Things worked out better than I expected, that's for sure.

onyxrose81

Rinkside
No problems with 4CC team. Jason's never been, Joshua needs competition. The only person you could conceivably pull is Adam who's been many times but eh.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, looks like there's no need to discuss this anymore... :cry:

Why the heck is Ross Miner 2nd Alternate to 4CC ahead of Jeremy Abbott? :unsure:

Maybe Jeremy really would prefer to go to Four Continents only if (heaven forbid) absolutely "needed."
No doubt he is emotionally drained -- mostly b/c of the still-recent loss of his father and also b/c of the outcome in Greensboro.

I wouldn't blame him if he would like a chance to catch his breath.
Four Continents is coming up very soon, and would involve major travel, not to mention the stress of competing.

(In any case, I assume the order of the Four Continents alternates is not intended as a slight against Jeremy.)

amusedstranger

Rinkside
Seeing on Twitter that Ashley has withdrawn from 4CCs and Samantha Cesario will go instead.

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 2m2 minutes ago
.@AshWagner2010 drops out of Four Continents, to focus on worlds; @SammiCesario will go in her stead. #NC2015

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seeing on Twitter that Ashley has withdrawn from 4CCs and Samantha Cesario will go instead.

.@AshWagner2010 drops out of Four Continents, to focus on worlds; @SammiCesario will go in her stead. #NC2015
To bad. I wanted Gracie to have another crack at Wagner before Worlds.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Interesting that the original version of tonight's press release announced the men's teams and repeated the other disciplines with no change -- Wagner still was listed as a Four Continents competitor.
(I still have that original version open on a screen on my computer, so I am not misremembering what I saw originally.)

But the original link now shows a revised version indicating Cesario.

The implication is that Wagner's decision must have been late-breaking news even for USFS??

ETA, the USFS tweet at 7:42 pm ET had a graphic showing Wagner still on the Four Continents team. The same tweet had a link to the announcement of the men's teams.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Interesting that the original version of tonight's press release announced the men's teams and repeated the other disciplines with no change -- Wagner still was listed as a Four Continents competitor.
(I still have that original version open on a screen on my computer, so I am not misremembering what I saw originally.)

But the original link now shows a revised version indicating Cesario.

The implication is that Wagner's decision must have been late-breaking news even for USFS??

I imagine Ashley was weighing pros and cons to going/discussing them with relevant people. I can imagine that going was on some level tempting as in a best case scenario she could have also made a big splash there, and international feedback on her new layout could have been useful... but there were also risks to going and cons related to travel/time/rest...

blancanieves

On the Ice
H/B have even smaller chances to medal, so it doesn't matter. For last few years, exept the olympic years, USFSA sent their A team in ice dance to 4CC, this year they not doing that, and I don't think its right. H/D have a not so bad season as well, despite the late start of the season, and they do need that extra competition before Worlds, probably more than others, and I'm incredibly disappointed that they not getting it. I like H/B a lot, they are a great team,but I think H/D should be going to 4CC, they don't need to be replaced.

For H/D this whole season has been about having to choose between a rock and hard place. An extra international outing might be a good thing, but they also need as much time as possible to train. We don't know if they weren't assigned to 4CC at their own request.

tulosai

Record Breaker
For H/D this whole season has been about having to choose between a rock and hard place. An extra international outing might be a good thing, but they also need as much time as possible to train. We don't know if they weren't assigned to 4CC at their own request.

The thing is, we kind of do. If they didn't want to go they wouldn't be listed as first alternates.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sad for Max, he should have been chosen for 4CC. Sigh....

I also wish he had gotten that, especially after the great skate he put out. However, it's hard to see who they should have 'bumped' for him. I know people are saying Rippon has been a bunch of times, but really Rippon needs to get his name out there as a serious contender as much as anyone, and it shows the US believes in our team that they are sending the three. It's just a really rough situation.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I also wish he had gotten that, especially after the great skate he put out. However, it's hard to see who they should have 'bumped' for him. I know people are saying Rippon has been a bunch of times, but really Rippon needs to get his name out there as a serious contender as much as anyone, and it shows the US believes in our team that they are sending the three. It's just a really rough situation.
:cry: