2015 Canadian Worlds / World Juniors / 4CC assignments | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Worlds / World Juniors / 4CC assignments

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Skate Canada just announced the international assignments for the rest of the season (link). There aren't any surprises as far as worlds is concerned, they went with the results from nationals. The only assignment not in line with national results is MTM2 getting a spot for the 4CC, probably to allow Séguin and Bilodeau to go to Junior Worlds instead.

Men's
Worlds:
Nam Nguyen
Jeremy Ten

Four Continents:
Nam Nguyen
Jeremy Ten
Liam Firus

Junior Worlds:
Roman Sadovsky
Nicolas Nadeau

Women's
Worlds:
Gabrielle Daleman
Alaine Chartrand

Four Continents:
Gabrielle Daleman
Alaine Chartrand
Véronik Mallet

Junior Worlds:
Selena Zhao
Kim DeGuise

Pairs
Worlds:
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch
Julianne Séguin / Charlie Bilodeau

Four Continents:
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro

Junior Worlds:
Julianne Séguin / Charlie Bilodeau
Mary Orr / Phelan Simpson
Shalena Rau / Sébastien Arcieri

Ice Dance
Worlds:
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Piper Gilles /Paul Poirier
Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam

Four Continents:
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Piper Gilles /Paul Poirier
Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam

Junior Worlds:
Mackenzie Bent / Garrett MacKeen
Madeline Edwards / Zhao Kai Pang

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I wonder how Kirsten Moore-Towers is feeling about not being on the Worlds Team this year?

Not many of us would have predicted that.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wonder how Kirsten Moore-Towers is feeling about not being on the Worlds Team this year?

Not many of us would have predicted that.

I didn't have much optimism when it came to that pairing, but it was unexpected that Dylan and Lubov got together, and the rise of Seguin and Bilodeau was a bit unexpected, too.

kresslia

Medalist
Gonna be interesting to see how Dylan/Luba do at Worlds, they're a bit of a wildcard atm.

Sackie

Medalist
Just wonder why with the depth of Ice Dane in Canada they didn't decide to send one of the other teams to 4CC instead of Paul/Islam!

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Just wonder why with the depth of Ice Dane in Canada they didn't decide to send one of the other teams to 4CC instead of Paul/Islam!
PI's programs still need to iron out some levels in front of an international panel, especially for the new FD.

wasabi

On the Ice

Why would they replace P/I?

How about: W/P are probably going to be on the World podium so they could use the opportunity to continue refining; P/I have a new program so also need the opportunity to continue refining; G/P are not going to be on the podium at Worlds and have already done what they are going to do with their program so why not replace them with another team?

Or how about we just leave it that W/P, G/P AND P/I all earned their place at Nationals so that is why they are going. Next year one of the other teams can earn their place.