2015 Europeans Practice reports | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Practice reports

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm super excited about Euros: the practices began today... Any news?? :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Npmonice

Rinkside
Morning folks, we arrived at the venue yesterday. Not all the skaters are here yet, or at least they were not on the practice session I watched yesterday. My focus on day 1 was watching the men's practice. None of the Russian men attended practice :(.
Fernandez looked smooth, producing a couple of great 4s and 4t, good run through of his SP.
Amodio was looking okay in practice, 3a was okay, I'm not sure I saw him do a clean 4s but at least he was rotating it :)
Brezina practiced his LP, he was going for two 4s, but doubled both of them, although he was landing them in the warm up before the program. His other jumps all looked fine, including a really good 3a!
Liebers was looking strong, he ran through the SP. 3f/3t, 3lz and 3a in the SP. Liebers practiced 4t outside the program with varying degrees of success!

Just getting ready to watch the men's practice today, hopefully I get to see Pitkeev ;)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you!! Fingers crossed for Fernandez and Brezina...Hoping for a Gold for Fernandez and a Bronze for Brezina.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Morning folks, we arrived at the venue yesterday. Not all the skaters are here yet, or at least they were not on the practice session I watched yesterday. My focus on day 1 was watching the men's practice. None of the Russian men attended practice :(.
Fernandez looked smooth, producing a couple of great 4s and 4t, good run through of his SP.
Amodio was looking okay in practice, 3a was okay, I'm not sure I saw him do a clean 4s but at least he was rotating it :)
Brezina practiced his LP, he was going for two 4s, but doubled both of them, although he was landing them in the warm up before the program. His other jumps all looked fine, including a really good 3a!
Liebers was looking strong, he ran through the SP. 3f/3t, 3lz and 3a in the SP. Liebers practiced 4t outside the program with varying degrees of success!

Just getting ready to watch the men's practice today, hopefully I get to see Pitkeev ;)

Thank you for the info! How disappointing about the Russian men, but surely they must show up today...right? Are you taking photos? :)

Npmonice

Rinkside
Thank you for the info! How disappointing about the Russian men, but surely they must show up today...right? Are you taking photos? :)

Finger crossed they show up (I should of said, Kovtun was in the building, just not on the ice). We are heading to the ice rink now and we hope that all 3 Russians are on the 1st scheduled practice group :)

ragdoll

On the Ice
I was also dissapointed yesterday. I have neurological problems and am not feeling too well at the moment but went to the arena for a couple of hours anyway. I saw the last half hour of ladies' practise and some ice dancers but no top skaters. I had hoped to see the Russians but saw none of them. Hoping to be a bit more lucky today if I can go.

QuadThrow

Medalist
liebers uses old skates, because his new ones had a little crack in the blade.

He was wondering why his 3A still is not working some month after his injury.

Maybe 4T even in the short??

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank you Npomice and QuadThrow for the updates! I've been to Euros for the past two years, so it's kind of sad not being able to be there now :( Keep us informed about today's practices if you can! I'm especially interested in singles, of course (practice doesn't really tell a lot about dance)...

kalle

On the Ice
I am eager to hear how practices are going for Liza and especially Kiira. I would love for Kiira to be able to put out two solid programs here. I know it is still early after her recovery but at least if she could land a few more triples than at Nationals. Obviously, I would love her to be in the top 3 but that seems like an impossible task if the 3 Russians are landing their stuff.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the practice reports, everyone.

Woah. Even with the turn-out, she should still get more than a double.

According to the latest interviews with Mishin, Liza is not decided on the 3A's inclusion. However, she will change the order of elements around in the SP, though it's not clear what those changes are. See Liza's Fan Fest for us trying to puzzle it out. :laugh:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Wow! I'm a huge fan of Elena R, but it would be so exciting to see Liza attempt a triple axel in competition, and if she lands it successfully (and does a clean overall program), I could hardly begrudge her for winning.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I hope she will go for the 3A in the short.

3A, 3T+3T, 3Lz, there is 4-5 points gap to radionova.

A fall on the 3A can be painful but it will not be that costly if i she gets the rotation.