Queer Eye for the Skate Guy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Queer Eye for the Skate Guy

Koroleva

On the Ice
soogar said:

I just saw previews for the new movie the Village and I know that it's been commented before, but Plushy and Adrien Brody look like Yin Yang versions of the same person with Plushy being light and Brody being dark. Anyway, Adrian's hair is long and wavy in the Village and I was thinking that Plush would look fantastic with long wavy hair.

I :love: both Plush and Adrien and I can see the resemblance. I really want Plush to skate to some Chopin. :laugh: He might look good, I don't know. I think that Plush looks very nice right now.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Anyone who is having any questions as to whether or not Johnny Weir is all man should click on THIS. The fact that her lipstick is smeared all over his lips is a clear indication that they...er um "Kiss" like any other couple ;) A hundred points to anyone who can figure out what that thing is in her left hand.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
My guess: A camera (silver body and black carrying strap) and a pair of sunglasses (clear plasic at upper left hand side), posibley the same ones she is wearing in the picture with Grant Rorvick.

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I think Brian Joubert should do an exhibition in a speedo.
:love: As much as I treasure that picture of baboo in the sauna with Jeanette, I'm afraid that a gala apearance in a black speedo will only fuel the "He's just a Yags clone" bashers. :laugh:

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
I really really REALLY hate it when people just say that all men figure skaters are gay! John Zimmerman obviously isn't. Brian Joubert isnt!, Kurt Browning sure isnt. Scott Hamilton definitely isnt! AND SO WHAT IF THEY WERE! jees.. sorry people I just had to get that off my chest. yah.

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
finally someone agrees

ill be on later im at school right now on my laptop. we are dismissed in like 2 seconds. bye

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just to get this thread back to its intended purpose: silly and entertaining criticism and suggestions for costumes, hair, skates, gloves, and so forth for our favorite skaters. Preferably with URL's to pictures?

Personally, I could do with having the Fab 5 insist that Mike wax his chest if he is going to insist on displaying it.

sk8m8

Final Flight
The thing in Sasha's hand, I believe is an identification badge that is worn around the skater's and other official skating personnel's necks at skating events to identify them and allow them access to backstage.

On another note, about the whole gay/straight issue...it IS obviously a continuing issue if it stirs up so much disperate opinions. Just know that other than some gays feeling socially isolated (gays sure don't have the market on this) and also having to "guess at what normal is", because the world is geared toward the general heterosexual community (still not entirely a bane of existence that is wholly belonging to the gay community) there is surprising little difference in the humanity of gays and straights.
And, just because you know one, two or a few gay folks doesn't mean you may know all about gay folk. Gays, as a group, are as diverse as the rest of the population. But hey, that means if you don't point out the "obvious" gay folk, the rest are just boring, everyday folks like the rest of the people in society.

That means when Todd and Rudi competed at nats in 96 that both of them wanted it equally badly, both work extremely hard to achieve their goals, both drew from their emotional inner lives to give the performance they wanted and neither wanted to lose. I only bring this up because it is the most obvious example of where a straight man and a gay man went head to head in competition where I actually KNEW the sexual preference of the skaters.

How does this relate to the topic at hand???

Well from all I've been able to see and take in, It seems to me that there are just as many gay men that need the Fab 5's help as there are straight men (per capita, so to speak) and plenty of straight men that help there girlfriends,wives, and other significant women in their fashion choices.

In fact, if you want to throw out some "anticdotal evidence", take my brother and sister-in-law...she's long descovered that when it comes to decorating and color matching, my brother has more skill than she. Being the evolved creature she is, she gets him to pick colors and fashions, THEN she gets "final approval". I may hasten to add that this is when she can get him to stop watching the football/basketball/baseball game or stepping outside to chomp on one of those nasty cigars of which he's so fond.

My point to this long and rambling tome? That sexuality and gender are fluid and not "black and white" issues where you can say..."my 'gaydar' is great, I'm SURE that I KNOW when someone is gay or not" ....come on down and discuss it with the guys and gals at Woofs in Atlanta...it's a gay sports bar where there are snappy dressers and guys and gals in jeans and "grubbies"...either way, I doubt you'll find a sequin in the place...just a thought

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
DORISPULASKI said:
Personally, I could do with having the Fab 5 insist that Mike wax his chest if he is going to insist on displaying it.

I thought he already did...there's hair on his chest? :laugh:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
Anyone who is having any questions as to whether or not Johnny Weir is all man should click on THIS. The fact that her lipstick is smeared all over his lips is a clear indication that they...er um "Kiss" like any other couple ;) A hundred points to anyone who can figure out what that thing is in her left hand.
But maybe Johnny applies his own make up! :laugh:

To be honest, Sasha and Johnny seem more like "Will & Grace for Teens." :laugh: They both are into fashion design and could start their own business together -- just like Grace! Johnny carrying around his chihuahua could be the show's running joke ...

BGOI, that is true about a speedo exhibition making Brian look even more like a Yags clone ... I forgot about that. hmmm... guess Brian will have to do an exhibition in a towel instead ... :laugh:

okay ... time to get off this thread ...

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Ogre Mage said:
... I forgot about that. hmmm... guess Brian will have to do an exhibition in a towel instead ... :laugh:

That would be quite interesting; if he does so, however, he'd definitely better wear underwear too or even those of us who wouldn't mind seeing it would end up seeing a lot more than we'd really wish to......:D I can just see the thing flying off into the third row during a quad entirely too close to the boards....

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
forget the guys! some of the girls need HELP!

vika volchkova needs to get hair help...call Kyan
liashenko needs to ditch that scary adam/eve costume for her frida program...
a lot of the skaters who need help with artistry/culture should contact that one guy...