Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola

NaVi

Medalist
I was looking forward to Alisa Fedichkina but she popped a jump which is a common issue for her...

Roman09

Final Flight
The figure skater Aleksandra Proklova - the winner of the European winter festival withdrew from the junior championship of Russia which takes place in Joshkar-Ola, because of an illness. According to her coach Inna Goncharenko, the athlete poisoned the day before, next day she lifted high temperature, for this reason she couldn't act. :disapp:

iskate

On the Ice
Nugumanova! :love: I love her spins! Her illusion spin is so...stable-looking? Nice 3Lo-3Lo too.

Wow, Sima behind Tsurskaya! Was not expecting that...

NaVi

Medalist
I may be completely wrong, but Sima seems thinner and more flexible than she used to be... and if so I wonder if the change may have an affect on the stability in her jumps.

TBH though, I don't think we are seeing the best performances out of most of the skaters...

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I may be completely wrong, but Sima seems thinner and more flexible than she used to be... and if so I wonder if the change may have an affect on the stability in her jumps.

TBH though, I don't think we are seeing the best performances out of most of the skaters...
She is growing, that might be the reason. I think it is good she is improving other aspects, she will need it next year at seniors..

NaVi

Medalist
For comparison's sake(even though comparing scores between competitions let alone years can be iffy), here are SP scores from previous years...

2014, 2013, 2012

NaVi

Medalist
Sofia Samodurova just received a 43.54 (the only one to go under 50 thus far)... I checked out the videos where she scored 165 and I couldn't understand how she scored that high... I thought at the time that maybe some favoritism may have been involved.

Ekm

On the Ice
Tsurskaya is obviously talented, but the front half of her program is distractingly empty. I understand the need to maximize scoring potential, but it really isn't pleasing to watch.

Last edited: