TV alert | Golden Skate

TV alert

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy will be making over two olympic figure skaters on this tuesday's episode. It airs on the Bravo network at 10pm est.

Not sure who the skaters are, I just saw a little promo about it as I was watching west wing reruns.

Sorry, Liz. This is just a rerun of the show where the makeover (they wish, lol) John Zimmerman. Actually they don't do much to him; why mess with perfection? John and wife Sylvia Fontana's apartment, OTOH, needs a great coach. The first time around they advertised them as "two Olympic champions" which you could probably win in court since they are both champions and both went to the Olympics. "Two Olympic figure skaters" is fine. That is true. Besides, what are they going to say, "two former Olympic eligible skaters who have both since turned pro"?

But why am I saying "Sorry, Liz"?! Even if you've already seen the episode with John Z and Sylvia, it's a really great one. Funniest double entendre from Carson I've ever heard. And John is so sweet and Sylvia is so funny and they are both so gorgeous...and man, is they ever in love.

Possibly QE's best show.
Rgirl

Last edited:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Rgirl said:
And John is so sweet and Sylvia is so funny and they are both so gorgeous...and man, is they ever in love.

Rgirl
:cry: :cry: :cry: I still haven't gotten over John. I wanted to play Etta James' song, "Stop the Wedding.":laugh:

mpal2

Final Flight
I still laugh whenever I think of their sign when John was modeling the new clothes...

"Do you have a gay brother?"

:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed that episode too. I especially liked it when the guys were commenting as John was taking a bath. They were sooooooooo bad!!! Loved it.

Also, you get to see just a short snippet of John & Sylvia skating together.

Dee

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Ok ok, so it was a rerun and I'm way behind the times on TV... sorry guys.

But gosh he is delicious!!!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I finally got to see it last night, and the operative word at home was "Aaaawwww". They were so sweet, and so were the Fab 5. We just about died laughing when Carson and Jai reenacted The Clubbing.
Amazon Princess and I are so jealous of Sylvia Fontana...she's got what has to be one of the world's most adorable husbands AND the Fab Five decorated her house.
Don't let the woman buy any lottery tickets! She's been lucky enough!
:laugh:
Rave