2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't like Michal, but Kovtun is helping me a lot finding the necessary love for him right now. :laugh: So I'm hoping in no change either.
You can, um, root for Peter Liebers or Amodio. :laugh: Though there's a 95% chance Liebers won't have the marks to compete (does he plan a quad in the free?). And 99% chance Amodio's going to bomb.

When Michal gets on the podium (I will believe!), I hope they play the Game of Thrones music.

Alba

Record Breaker
You can, um, root for Peter Liebers or Amodio. :laugh: Though there's a 95% chance Liebers won't have the marks to compete (does he plan a quad in the free?). And 99% chance Amodio's going to bomb.

:laugh: No I'll stick with Brezina. He has the quads and is skating to Rossini, which I looooooove.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:laugh: No I'll stick with Brezina. He has the quads and is skating to Rossini, which I looooooove.
I hope he took the lyrics out of the end there though... They seemed to burst out of nowhere and tend to ruin the last 30 seconds for me.

Alba

Record Breaker
Although to be more precise, he starts with Mozart The Marriage of Figaro. In the middle is Mascagni with Cavalleria Rusticana, then, in the end, the vocals from Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia. Well, love them all, but you are right Sandpiper, about the vocals in the end. They don't suit that much, but I'm afraid he can't change them now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, is anyone out there a fan of Kovtun? It's okay to say you like him. Really.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

I'm not afraid - I like him! :laugh: Tbh, I loved his SP from last season. This season his programs are a bit :slink: Definitely changing a choreographer would be nice. Or changing the off-ice training at least. Uhhh... Anyway, he changed this blue spiderman costume:biggrin:

Eloyse

On the Ice

I like him a lot:biggrin:I know his skating, his jumps, spins and costumes are ugly, but I find his programs very interesting to watch. I also like his choice of music.

Kinga

Medalist
True. For all the negativity about the short program, I thought some of the less favored people skated really well, with some nice surprises. I'm not a fan of Liebers or Bychenko, but they gave a good effort. Florent was better than he has been in awhile. And Majorov, all things considered, could have been a lot worse (see: Kevin Reynolds). Chafik was apparently injured, so I will give him a pass (just hope he will not try to skate again if there's a chance it will look like the SP).

I agree. The lower-ranked less known guys delivered, actually. Quite few of them were a real discovery and interesting to watch. In ladies, it was basically the top skaters who did well, almost none of the lower ranked girls were a real deal. Boring programs.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Yeah, Israel was one of the few countries that could have been really pleased with men's SP. Come on, Daniel and Alexei, you can do this!

Pika

Final Flight
Too bad for Chafik. He wont have the chance to show his real skills

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Kovtun will finish on the podium if he doesn't fall.

I'm rooting for Samohin. Very entertaining personality.

alebi

Medalist
Apart from the Israelis, the guys have all skated under their potential so I hope they will skate with pride today and show who they really are! :cool:
Fernandez, Brezina and Voronov have all skated remarkably during the season, I remember Petkeev has always gained position with the free, Kovtun... eeeh Kovtun... well... he's always there in any case. Righini/Amodio come on.. stop talking and do a clean skate for once! :laugh:
All the best to everyone! The men competition will always be my favourite anyway :rock: