Hey everyone, I'm new:) | Golden Skate

Hey everyone, I'm new:)

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
Hey everyone! My name is Samantha, I love figure skating, I have skated ever since I was 6. I started skating in Maine on a pond and my friend Pennie taught me how to skate! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be writing this! Well I am in 9th grade. I wish I could compete in skating, but I dont have that kind of money. Its very expensive down here in Florida to skate all the time. Ok well please write back! I'd love to chat!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IceAngel2007 said:
Hey everyone! My name is Samantha, I love figure skating, I
Samantha, everyone here loves skating so you should fit in quite well. Welcome to our board!! There are a lot of great discussions here.

Dee

sk8m8

Final Flight
welcome samantha to our little world on ice here in cyberspace.

I am so proud of you for sticking with your love of FS and continuing to make progress towards your dream. Have you tried contacting the USFSA to see if there are any development programs in your area? Often times, the USFSA needs to "Hear it from the skaters" to know that there is interest in holding workshops and offering coaching scholarships. I would image that even though Florida is the "Sunshine State" that as much growth popluation as there has been over the past years that the need and desire for figure skating is growing and will continue to do so for the forseebale future. Samantha, I hope you are part of this. It sounds as if you have a lot to offer the sport. Good luck and welcome to Goldenskate. Come back and post often, we need lovers of the sport to contribute.
Best wishes,
mark your Sk8m8

Oh yeah, did you know you can get scholarships at some schools in figure skating??? Betcha you've already thought of that lol ;)

Hi, Ice Angel, welcome aboard.

You can also check out some of the threads in the Cafe if you want to chat about non-skating topics.

Mathman:)

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
thanks everyone for posting. actually no i didnt think that the school may have a scholarship for figure skating, at my high school i doubt they do. i really wish my school had skating, but the sports they do have thqat i play are: swimming, diving, and (JROTC Raiders) i was the only girl on the high school diving team this year in my whole county! I LOVED IT. oh yah and my school doesnt have a gymnastics team....

sk8m8

Final Flight
Angel, not exactly what I meant, but keep on keepin' on baby girl. Keep up your grades and your skating, skating scholarships to COLLEGE are beginning to be more popular as schools look for more ways to entice female atheletes to even out the "boys" sports. ( THank you title 9) I don't know what your goals are but just look at the fun the folks had at the United States Adult FS Champs. You don't have to be Michelle or Sasha to have your own "golden moments" All the best to you.
Mark (your sk8m8)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Let me add my "welcome" to Golden Skate, Angel..........keep on skating and of course, posting............:) 42