Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Weir

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Jenny Kirk

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

ThaiBrit

Spectator
I voted for Michelle. She's the one that got me "hooked' on figure skating. There's just something special about her skating. I admire a lot of the figure skaters in your list, but for me, Michelle is tops.

Me, too, ThaiBrit. Welcome to Golden Skate! I hope you like it here and post often!

Mathman:)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Welcome, Ice Angel! My favorite isn't on the list, but then he won his gold medal long before you were born.
If you ever find any old tapes of Robin Cousins - eligible or pro - you're in for a treat.
Rave

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I really like a number of the skaters on this list, my vote goes to Todd. No one has moved me emotionally as much as he has, performance after performance. :love:

Kateri

On the Ice
None of my favourites are on the list...tho I like Kwan quite a bit.

I'm afraid you'd need a list several pages long to please everyone here!

In fact, we'd need a league table of polls, with lots of sections (e.g. best N. American singles male, 1990-2000 or best European pairs, 2000-2004...) then make polls for the winners of each poll, so: overall best N.A. male, best Euro pairs etc, then do another poll of those winners...until we get 4 overall winners! And an overall winner for them, if we feel like it.

it's the only way to go! (but i'm not volunteering!!;) )

k

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Oh, Raven, you are so right. Robin was so great. Wish I could remember what he skated to one of the last times he won the pro comp. It was more of a dance tune for him and was wonderful.

Kateri

On the Ice
I have to admit...I voted for Joubert, not because I like him much, but on the pissed-off impulse that he was the only non-American skater in the poll.

Now I love many American skaters - but this poll is just a little biased!!! I mean, really - no men's world champ?

If it were labelled as "favourite American skater", there would not be a problem, but as it is, it's somewhat nationalistic.

Sorry, I know it's silly, it just annoys me....:\

k...

bronxgirl

Medalist
Kateri,
Ice Angel is new to GS, and is a teenager. Please remember the rest of us here do love non-American skaters as well
:)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My all time favorite skater that made me a fan isn't on the list--Alexei. I did then vote for Sasha, because she is my favorite female skater.

Dee

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
My favorite isn't in the list either.

Brian Joubert got the honor of being the only non-American skater in the list, good for him :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Grgranny said:
Oh, Raven, you are so right. Robin was so great. Wish I could remember what he skated to one of the last times he won the pro comp. It was more of a dance tune for him and was wonderful.

I'm drawing a blank, too! But wasn't he wonderful?
Rave

Kateri

On the Ice
bronxgirl said:
Kateri,
Ice Angel is new to GS, and is a teenager. Please remember the rest of us here do love non-American skaters as well
:)

Ah...sorry if I was a bit harsh there Ice Angel!
It's very hard to include skaters everyone might like, but this is an international message board, people from all over post here, so tastes range widely - that's part of the fun.

Do stick around, hope you like it.

k

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
yah, please don't be harsh at me. It would only let me post 10 skaters. and those were the ones that came to my mind......

Germanice

On the Ice
If this is a poll about favourite US-skaters the poster should've called it this way ... :rolleye: oooups, at least Brian Joubert is in it, WOW! :eek: Of course I've voted for him!!!

And a poll without Yags, without Plush, without Shen/Zhao??? Puh-leaze!!!! :laugh:

Anke

Last edited:
Anke, I made a poll just for you. Who is your favorite skater?

1) Michelle Kwan
2) Michelle
3) Kwan
4) 1 & 2
5) 2 & 3
6) 3 & 1
7) 1, 2 & 3