Feb. 10-15, 2015, Times TBD

CBC COVERAGE
Sat Feb 21 3:00 PM EASTERN TIME
CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - South Korea

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This is great coverage for me, all things considered, assuming I don't get much sleep during the week! (not being sarcastic)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm very excited about 4CC. Generally, I prefer the EC, and I have frequently thought of 4CC as the "weak" Continental Championship that's just not very prestigious.

This year, I think it will be the more interesting and competitive championship.

Will W/P or C/B win in ID? Or will the Shibs continue to close the gap, and perhaps sneak past one of them? Will Gracie re-establish herself with two good programs? What about the American men and Nam? Can they consolidate good National Championship results and get some international credibility? What about the Japanese men? Can the Chinese pairs challenge the Canadians?

It also doesn't seem that as many of the headliners are skipping 4CC as they have done in the past, which I am glad to see.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am excited too! There are really good skaters competing in all 4 disciplines :) but pairs and dance lineups are particularly great.

In pairs, there are only 10 teams, but almost all are top notch. The machups are nearly as good and we will see at Worlds.

From Canada, we have the GPF winners Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFOR
and Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN, who were just stellar and enchanting at Canadian nationals! Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO were good at Can Nats too!

From China, former World champions Qing PANG / Jian TONG and and GPF bronze medalists Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN, and GPF fourth place finishers Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG.

The US contingent is pretty good too. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER are former World Jr. champions, and were first alternates for the GPF.
US champions Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM had a disappointing GP season, but just included a great quad twist in their program at US nationals. Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea, the third place team at US nationals were great crowd pleasers there!

In dance, too, we have the three of the top four teams at the GPF, W&P, C&B, and the Shibs, and all have world podium hopes, too. And GPF qualifiers G&P will be there too, as will be last year's junior world's champions Hawayek and Baker who had a bronze medal on the GP this season.

The ladies field is not as amazing, since the Russian ladies are not here, nor is Ashley Wagner. However the competition between the Americans, the Japanese, and Zijun Li, and So Youn Park is interesting, as is the face off between Kailani Craine and Brooklee Han for Australia's World spot!

The Japanese men will be wonderful here, despite the fact that Yuzuru Hanyu will not be here.
All of the following are really good skaters or really good entertainers or both!

3 Brendan KERRY AUS

5 Nam NGUYEN CAN 3

9 Han YAN CHN 4

14 Takahito MURA JPN 7
15 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 7
16 Shoma UNO JPN 7

18 Denis TEN KAZ 8

24 Jason BROWN USA 12
25 Joshua FARRIS USA 12
26 Adam RIPPON USA 12

27 Misha GE UZB 13

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
this is gonna be tougher than eurpeans i think, cant even decide who i root for, so many favourites!! especially men :hopelessness: :cry:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
It will be interesting in men. The highest scoring potential should have Denis Ten, but unfortunately I highly doubt he can deliver cleanly his LP ( hope he proves me wrong ) :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ I agree. The men hold the most interest for me.

There have been so many "breakthrough" performances recently... especially in the Canadian and American nationals.

Throw in the tough Japanese contingent, Ten, Yan, maybe another surprise or two... and this is a VERY deep field... except for Hanyu, the most highly regarded from eligible nations are showing up. It should be quite a show.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Whenever i think about the depth of the field at Europeans and Four continents, i generally think that Four Continents is more competitive, however, there is greater contrast in skill level. I.e. We tend to have the strongest and weakest nations at four continents.

Last edited:

katia

On the Ice
for me, I wish for Nam Nguyen to get bronze. I know, he may not get it, but I like him so much. He is so cute.:)

Last edited:

kresslia

Medalist
This event starts the day before my first midterm, and ends the day of my second midterm.

Torturous.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC Coverage, ISU 2015 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
3-4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015

Update: I noticed today that two hours of coverage now are listed on the current versions of the NBC schedule :).
Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships (Feb. 12-15) 3-5 p.m.
Although the October USFS press release with the season's TV schedule had said 3-4:30 pm, it appears to have been superseded.

BTW, another new-to-me update is the revised time of the second of NBC's Worlds telecasts.
Sunday, April 12, 2015 World Figure Skating Championships (March 26-29) 3-6 p.m.
(The original release had said 1-4 pm.)​

I have posted these changes in the NBC schedule thread in The Edge, and have updated the OP over there (which has links to the current versions of the NBC schedule).

yyyskate

Record Breaker
looks like NBC and CBC are airing 4CC at exactly the same time. what will sabinfire do:scratch:, Do you have 2 TV or recording devices:p?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
looks like NBC and CBC are airing 4CC at exactly the same time. what will sabinfire do:scratch:, Do you have 2 TV or recording devices:p?

Actually, yes. ;) I can record to my PC two shows concurrently, or even live-stream two separate broadcasts simultaneously. I only have one large-screen HDTV, but I also have 3 gigantic LED computer monitors which can be used to view live or recorded broadcasts, not counting my laptop or iPad. Of course, none of these options will be necessary, since NBC/CBC will be airing week-old tape-delayed footage, and my primary DVR can record 4 HD shows at the same time, while watching a 5th one.

By the time these broadcasts air, I will have already seen 4CC's live, and on Eurosport, and on J Sports, etc... there will be no rush to watch CBC/NBC.

viennaskater

Medalist
Eurosport 2 are showing highlights on Friday 13th at 19:15, Saturday 14th at 18:15 and Sunday 15th at 17:45 (Central European Time).

doze

On the Ice
Actually, yes. ;) I can record to my PC two shows concurrently, or even live-stream two separate broadcasts simultaneously. I only have one large-screen HDTV, but I also have 3 gigantic LED computer monitors which can be used to view live or recorded broadcasts, not counting my laptop or iPad. Of course, none of these options will be necessary, since NBC/CBC will be airing week-old tape-delayed footage, and my primary DVR can record 4 HD shows at the same time, while watching a 5th one.

By the time these broadcasts air, I will have already seen 4CC's live, and on Eurosport, and on J Sports, etc... there will be no rush to watch CBC/NBC.

Will u be streaming the event for the people who can't watch on icenetwork?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Will u be streaming the event for the people who can't watch on icenetwork?

As far as I know, the only source(s) I have of live coverage for 4CC's will be live-streams (Eurosport is slightly tape-delayed), and that would be a neat trick to live-stream another live-stream...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So excited! Can't wait to watch. I'll use IceNetwork, but it will be nice to have other options.

Is this the wrong place to brag that all the events I want to watch (men and ladies) are all evening for me? :p

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Most of the time skating is at ugly times for me, so...this is lucky :)