Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics | Golden Skate

Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics

Alba

Record Breaker

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As the saying goes Every cloud has a silver lining, right? :)

Ah poor choice of words "silver lining" lol. Poor Brian the Susan Lucci of figure skating. Then outed; I am so glad he is having success as a coach. It was kind of sad to see him with no OGM considering his talent.

mnm464

On the Ice
Brian has an extreme talent for coaching, noskates, that is agreeable. Whether you believe a god or gods has set a path for you or simply, everything has a reason, the world would be quite different and possibly worse off without Brian Orser as a coach! Keep it up!

Alba

Record Breaker
Ah poor choice of words "silver lining" lol. Poor Brian the Susan Lucci of figure skating. Then outed; I am so glad he is having success as a coach. It was kind of sad to see him with no OGM considering his talent.

My bad. I totally forgot. :biggrin:

peg

Medalist
Thanks for sharing the interview, Alba. The little blond boy seems very promising.

'tis the Canadian tradition.

Sigh. Yes. Yes it is. On the bright side, Patrick is coming back, Nam is rapidly improving, and that little blond boy is doing triple axels at the age of ten. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Sigh. Yes. Yes it is. On the bright side, Patrick is coming back, Nam is rapidly improving, and that little blond boy is doing triple axels at the age of ten. :)
And the little blond boy has some Russian blood, doesn't he? Maybe that's the key to breaking the curse? :think: :laugh: I mean, Stojko got beat by two Russians.

peg

Medalist
And the little blond boy has some Russian blood, doesn't he? Maybe that's the key to breaking the curse? :think: :laugh: I mean, Stojko got beat by two Russians.

I was thinking the same thing but decided not to write it!!! :laugh2:

But seriously - Russian blood, coached by Orser, the Olympic champion-maker. If that doesn't do it, I don't think anything will. (Pssst, Stephen, whatever you do, do NOT win the World Championships the year before the Olympics or you're screwed. You're not American.)

kresslia

Medalist
Another promising young Canadian?

We've got it guys. Three golds in a row confirmed.

2018 - Nam time.

2022 - Nam repeats.

2026 - The 10 year old kid comes in and slays.

:laugh2:

blue_ice

On the Ice
I was thinking the same thing but decided not to write it!!! :laugh2:

But seriously - Russian blood, coached by Orser, the Olympic champion-maker. If that doesn't do it, I don't think anything will. (Pssst, Stephen, whatever you do, do NOT win the World Championships the year before the Olympics or you're screwed. You're not American.)

The boy IS Russian. He was trained in Ekateringburg, Russia till last year. He was taught all his triples in Russia. Now he lives in Canada.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The boy IS Russian. He was trained in Ekateringburg, Russia till last year. He was taught all his triples in Russia. Now he lives in Canada.
:biggrin: this makes sense. It seems Orser has become the new Tarasova who is good at polishing.
Both Yuzuru and Yuna have their beautiful jumps before moving to him. And Javi was coached under Morozov before as well.
So I am not sure I'd give much credit for Orser when it comes to polishing their jump technique.
I am just thinking maybe God is paying back to Orser for that 2 time silver lining.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Mostly playful of you all I'm sure, but I can tell this is already another case of hyping a young Canadian man to win that elusive Olympic gold.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Another promising young Canadian?

We've got it guys. Three golds in a row confirmed.

2018 - Nam time.

2022 - Nam repeats.

2026 - The 10 year old kid comes in and slays.

:laugh2:

Not unless P Chiddy takes 2018 OGM first ;)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Interesting. Is he planning to compete for Canada from now on then?

peg

Medalist
Interesting. Is he planning to compete for Canada from now on then?

Well, he's the 2015 Pre-Novice Canadian Champion and according to Orser he has a Canadian passport... as far as I know, you can't get a Canadian passport without Canadian citizenship. :think: So if Orser is correct about the passport, perhaps one of his parents is a Canadian citizen?