2015 Four Continents Men's Short Program Feb 12 Seoul Time | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Men's Short Program Feb 12 Seoul Time

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That's exactly what I'm asking about haha. I'd watch the TV broadcast but it's not for another week, so.

Well, that's a tough one then...

I was hoping you'd answer "IceNetwork" -- then I (or somebody else here) could simply send you the direct link to the event video, bypassing all the blatant spoilers plastered all over the website.

Aside from that, I'm sure most (if not all) videos of the Men's SP will be available via YouTube within 24 hours (or less) of the event's conclusion. I do know that Mao88 often posts compilations of video links soon after an event. I am not sure how much effort it would take to develop a "spoiler-free" version of this list, or how much of a demand exists for such a thing, or if anyone would want to take ownership of such a project. Perhaps as others have suggested, your best bet might be to load up the Starting Order of skaters, and then search for individual videos by order of skating... you might be able to avoid most spoilers that way?

Scovies

Final Flight
Thanks, Karne, I guess I missed out on it and thx for additional info. In any case I am extremely curious as to the state of his quad and their strategy. From what little ive heard it sounds like it's not really competition ready. Hmm.

It might be closer than we thought. He did practice at Nationals, and just prior to Nats he (or was it Kori?) said he was considering adding it for worlds. I doubt he'd go on record like that unless he was feeling fairly confident in it.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It might be closer than we thought. He did practice at Nationals, and just prior to Nats he (or was it Kori?) said he was considering adding it for worlds. I doubt he'd go on record like that unless he was feeling fairly confident in it.

I really hope you're right!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Starting order has been posted.

Men - Short Program

Starting Order

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Harry Hau Yin LEE HKG
2 Liam FIRUS CAN
3 Andrew DODDS AUS
4 Jui-Shu CHEN TPE
5 Yuhang GUAN CHN​

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ
7 Ronald LAM HKG
8 Denis MARGALIK ARG
9 Chih-I TSAO TPE
10 Brendan KERRY AUS​

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Yi WANG CHN
12 Julian Zhi Jie YEE MAS
13 Se Jong BYUN KOR
14 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN
15 Jeremy TEN CAN​

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Jin Seo KIM KOR
17 Adam RIPPON USA
18 June Hyoung LEE KOR
19 Nam NGUYEN CAN
20 Joshua FARRIS USA​

Warm-Up Group 5
21 Takahito MURA JPN
22 Shoma UNO JPN
23 Jason BROWN USA
24 Han YAN CHN
25 Misha GE UZB
26 Denis TEN KAZ​

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

Last Update: 11.02.2015 12:51 (UTC +09:00)

Last edited:

kresslia

Medalist
Well, that's a tough one then...

I was hoping you'd answer "IceNetwork" -- then I (or somebody else here) could simply send you the direct link to the event video, bypassing all the blatant spoilers plastered all over the website.

Aside from that, I'm sure most (if not all) videos of the Men's SP will be available via YouTube within 24 hours (or less) of the event's conclusion. I do know that Mao88 often posts compilations of video links soon after an event. I am not sure how much effort it would take to develop a "spoiler-free" version of this list, or how much of a demand exists for such a thing, or if anyone would want to take ownership of such a project. Perhaps as others have suggested, your best bet might be to load up the Starting Order of skaters, and then search for individual videos by order of skating... you might be able to avoid most spoilers that way?
That's probably what I'll do. :) Thanks for your help!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for skate order, golden411. Original post has been updated. :)

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Zayak= Zy-ak?

For some reason 3T-3T as a combo is fine and isn't part of the zayak rule, but somehow, when you do two separate 3Ts, that is a problem.

No. Zay-ak. I remember back in the day when she was coming up, and Dick would call her Zy-ak on air, even after being corrected by the family. So, in response Elaine would call him "Mr. Buttons". lol

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown (on attempting quad toe in short program): My quad is getting more consistent every day and it’s something we think is time to start integrating into the program. We feel this event is that perfect opportunity. We have six weeks before worlds to decide if we put it in at worlds based on how it goes at this event. I’ll take this event as a learning experience. I’ll try it and reevaluate after that. I haven’t integrated a new jump in about two years so to have this opportunity is really exciting.

Joshua Farris: I feel good. I didn’t feel good when I first got here because of the jet lag. However, I’m trained and it’s the same thing as nationals – I’m ready to go. I’m excited to compete.

Adam Rippon (on quad Lutz): Each day that I’m here, I’m more comfortable. I’m feeling confident that with the quad Lutz, no matter how it goes, I know I can be clean in my programs otherwise. I’ll focus on the Lutz and then I’ll focus on executing the rest of the programs. But heck yeah, I’m doing the quad Lutz.

From the Team USA blog that has quotes since arrival in Seoul from:
Cesario, Gold, Brown, Farris, Rippon, Frazier, Scimeca, O'Shea, Chock, Hawayek, Maia Shibutani, Alex Shibutani

Jason's anecdote re the draw (from his IN blog):
The draws are always pretty formal, but the mood was definitely lightened when Takahito Mura was called up before it started and they announced it was his 24th birthday and gave him a mini cake! Then the technical controller led everyone who was present in singing "Happy Birthday." When we reached the part of the song where you insert the person's name, we all sort of mumbled through it, all not completely sure the how to continue singing the song and properly pronounce his name at the same time! It was so cool to watch and sing along with such a diverse, international crowd.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/02/10/108855198/

eta: LOL, I see now that "mini" cake was no understatement. Hope Mura has a bigger birthday celebration after Four Continents ends. :hb:

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is an excellent draw for Adam. Not first in his group... so he'll have a moment to rest from warmup, but won't be cooled down because he's up second. If he hits, he can put a lot of pressure on the top tier.

Josh... not such a good draw. I always think it must be harder for skaters who are last in their group because their muscles have so much time to cool after the warmup.

Jason... skates third in his group, so that's OK.

ETA: I always hate it when only one or two skaters don't advance to the FP. What a shame to make it to a major international event, and not be able to skate your FP. Especially if someone has traveled a long distance, like from Argentina.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Sorry do you know when the competition starts? I know it's a big difference in time between EST and Seoul...As far as I remember it starts with Dance Short.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sorry do you know when the competition starts? I know it's a big difference in time between EST and Seoul...As far as I remember it starts with Dance Short.

There is a 14 hour difference between EST and KST (Korea Standard Time)

SD starts at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, which would be 9:30 p.m. EST tonight, Pairs follows at 2:10 p.m. (12:10 a.m. EST, Thursday ) and Men will wrap things up for the day at 5:15 p.m. (3:15 a.m., EST, Thursday).

ice coverage

Record Breaker

And for future reference, a reminder that Mrs. P :bow: and Doris :bow: have provided scheduling information in multiple locations on GS.

For example, the time conversion to ET already is in the OP of every event thread (including this one -- I've quoted it below), and the first four links in the OPs of the event threads have full schedules for Four Continents.
The OP of the TV/webstream thread also shows the schedule in ET.

The men's short program will take place 17:15 (5:15 p.m.) to 21:20 (9:20 p.m.) on February 12 in Korea Standard Time (+9 UST) (Time Zone Converter)
Live Ice Network Coverage at Feb 12, 2015 3:15 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (-5 UTC)

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
There is a 14 hour difference between EST and KST (Korea Standard Time)

SD starts at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, which would be 9:30 p.m. EST tonight, Pairs follows at 2:10 p.m. (12:10 a.m. EST, Thursday ) and Men will wrap things up for the day at 5:15 p.m. (3:15 a.m., EST, Thursday).

Thank you a lot! I checked the 4cc links but I was lost partly due to the hour/day difference. Thank you, again!:points::points::points:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ETA: I always hate it when only one or two skaters don't advance to the FP. What a shame to make it to a major international event, and not be able to skate your FP. Especially if someone has traveled a long distance, like from Argentina.

I was going to say this. They have 26 entrants and only 24 advance to the LP. Does that seem cruel and unnecessary to anyone else or just me? For heaven's sake, just let them all go through, it's not going to affect everything, they'll still have the same number/size of warmup groups.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I was going to say this. They have 26 entrants and only 24 advance to the LP. Does that seem cruel and unnecessary to anyone else or just me? For heaven's sake, just let them all go through, it's not going to affect everything, they'll still have the same number/size of warmup groups.

I don't like it. I almost would prefer if fewer made it to the FS than only 2 not. Seems they should cut at least a full warmup or no one.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Yeah it doesn't make sense.