2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find myself pulling for Alaine!! There is something fundamentally enjoyable and authentic in watching her skate. Maybe it's just me.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I find myself pulling for Alaine!! There is something fundamentally enjoyable and authentic in watching her skate. Maybe it's just me.

I don't think she will be at the top, but I hope she does well, too! There aren't many ladies on this list that I'm legitimately excited to see... Alaine seems like a good choice. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alaine has potential. She's pushing boundaries. Though she has some UR issues, if she skates cleanly, who knows what'll happen!

She'll probably not make the podium, but a top 10 finish sound feasible. Maybe even top 8. Perhaps top 5.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She'll probably not make the podium, but a top 10 finish sound feasible. Maybe even top 8. Perhaps top 5.

A top 10 finish is not only feasible -- I dare say it would be expected. There are only 19 ladies in the SP, and Alaine is part of the 'skate later' groups (Group 3)... if she doesn't make top 10, something would have gone seriously wrong...

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Anyone else still excited about this after the dramatic Men's SP? ;)

The ladies could be a disaster (but of course I hope not!) & I'd still be happy from the Men's SP :biggrin: This morning was one big high for me :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A top 10 finish is not only feasible -- I dare say it would be expected. There are only 19 ladies in the SP, and Alaine is part of the 'skate later' groups (Group 3)... if she doesn't make top 10, something would have gone seriously wrong...

True. However, she could surprise us. She surprised us at the CoR by getting bronze which I was UBER happy for her! :D You're right. Top 10 is probably expected. Possibly if she's super clean.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Just curious, what is the min TES requirements for these events?

Here, Ladies must have earned 20+36 in TES, 'Must be achieved at an ISU-recognized international event in the ongoing or preceding season. SP and FS scores may be attained at different events.'

For Worlds it's 27+47 :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The ladies could be a disaster (but of course I hope not!) & I'd still be happy from the Men's SP :biggrin: This morning was one big high for me :laugh:

It's possible, but a lot of these skaters are relatively consistent and/or do not have particularly difficult technical programs... although a splat-fest is still a possibility... I would have placed my bets on the men for that, though. We still have the FS to go! ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm uber excited, but I have to sleep AGAIN. This time cause I'm going to tutoring. Maybe I'll keep my laptop screen open while I sleep so the connection won't go away....wait it's going to be a different link from ice dance maybe. Dang it! MAN!!!!!

I legit haven't been this excited since the GPF.

andyjo24

Medalist
I'm uber excited, but I have to sleep AGAIN. This time cause I'm going to tutoring. Maybe I'll keep my laptop screen open while I sleep so the connection won't go away....wait it's going to be a different link from ice dance maybe. Dang it! MAN!!!!!

I legit haven't been this excited since the GPF.

Haha. I'm so excited, too! But then again, I have a problem set due tomorrow. I guess I have to stay up all night anyway. Arghhh.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha. I'm so excited, too! But then again, I have a problem set due tomorrow. I guess I have to stay up all night anyway. Arghhh.

Oooooh that reminds me. I need to start working on my spectroscopy problem set which is due Monday. I got started on it but NMR is TOUGH.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Has the site worked long enough for anyone to get a draw yet? I know Kailani will be in the first group and I'm going to be cutting it fine after work to get home in time for the first group.

*paces anxiously* And after what happened to poor Andrew, I'm positively terrified. They're not doing a nasty evil cut in the ladies' are they?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has the site worked long enough for anyone to get a draw yet? I know Kailani will be in the first group and I'm going to be cutting it fine after work to get home in time for the first group.

*paces anxiously* And after what happened to poor Andrew, I'm positively terrified. They're not doing a nasty evil cut in the ladies' are they?

So it's not just me...

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Mrs. P updated the OP with the starting order.

And it also has been in post #36 on page 3 of this thread.

All ladies will advance to the FS. :)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Ugh. Debating whether or not to go to sleep and wake up or just to stay up. I stayed up last night/this morning to watch the men and, of course, after several good hours of the Chinese feed it started messing up. Missed pretty much all of the last group, went to bed a 630, woke up at 1230, and finally got out of bed at 300. Missed my only class today and didn't even go in to do research. :p

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's more fun being all loopy from lack of sleep. The posts become more..er...um..creative :yes: :cheer2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh. Debating whether or not to go to sleep and wake up or just to stay up. I stayed up last night/this morning to watch the men and, of course, after several good hours of the Chinese feed it started messing up. Missed pretty much all of the last group, went to bed a 630, woke up at 1230, and finally got out of bed at 300. Missed my only class today and didn't even go in to do research. :p

YIKES! I rather sacrifice not watching streams so I can make sure I pass class. Like this morning I had a test.

And tomorrow I'm going to tutoring for chemistry.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's good that Gracie will skate before Satoko. If she has to skate after some good performance she might not do very well. And Sam might not get very high TES. So overall Gracie might not feel the pressure. She has good draw IMO. I wonder why So Youn will not skate in the last group? But I don't want to see her skate first and get nervous so maybe the last draw of group 3 is alright for her.
Zijun has a bad draw though... to skate so late.