2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I actually enjoyed Polinas sp. I liked it more than Gracie's. It seems as if Gracie uses "big" music to make her programs seems grander than they are, the skating doesn't match the music.

Last edited:

Figure 8's

On the Ice
I enjoyed both Polina's and Gracie's programs. But I think Polina's was skated much better. Gracie seemed a little short on the stamina. Perhaps from that missed training time due to her injury. Polina continues to improve and that is what is important for one who is still quite young.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm wondering what it will take for Gracie to become more consistent. Gracie has the talent, but hasn't delivered yet in competition. I'm not counting her out and I think a squeaky-clean Gracie could even give the Russians a run for gold. I'm hoping for a clean FS for her here so much, and I'm not even a huge fan of her skating. It's just such a shame to see such a talented skater make what seem like silly mistakes. If this season doesn't go well, I wonder if she'll end up changing coaches?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually enjoyed Polinas sp. I liked it more than Gracie's. It seems as if Gracie uses "big" music to make her programs seem grander than they are, the skating doesn't match the music.

Ahh Snap(!)......is that a burn? ;)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Ugh, Li Zijun is SUCH a lovely skater. If she only had better mental strength, she'd be a sure podium challenger.

salchowx4

On the Ice
Just saw the whole segment on Ice Network.

I'm surprised there is so much controversy. Looked at the protocols and agree with most of the judging of the top skaters. Only major difference is that my rough calculations of my marks means that I would have Gracie first even with the zero credit for that invalid single axel, but I can imagine the outrage if that had happened, so it is probably best that she is second.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Ahh Snap(!)......is that a burn? ;)

I see more attachment to the music when Gracie is practicing...and then when she's doing the competition...it's like her face is a mask and she's not hearing the music. Could be just me though.
She's a good spinner...I always appreciate good spins.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so as The Great Evgeni Plushenko says " There are lots of champions of practice, but not so many champions of competitions." having necessary mental strength is also part of being great skater and athlete, so many ladies here have lots of potential tech wise but its not the only thing you need to have, you have to be strong mentally as well, lets hope everyone will reach to their potential on the free :cheer2:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Watching replays on Eurosport, wow does it seem Zijun is undermarked here already or what? Eurosport guys gave it a rave and described her performance as the most enjoyable by far.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Not by a long shot. Patrick has far better skating skill and more musicality - and has had those qualities since a very young age. It's the big jumps he took longer to get

Ha, I meant the "fall-3-times-and-still-win" Patrick Chan. :biggrin:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, more like the next Rachael Flatt or Czisny.

Not sure why you mentioned Flatt. She always overachieved if anything while Alissa like Gracie underachieved. If only Gold had Rachael's competitive nerves she'd probably be a two time US Champion and probably a World Bronze medalist and have a lot more then one puny win internationally as a Senior skater.