2015 Four Continents Practice reports | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Practice reports

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Please report any news related to participants' practice!

Mrs. P said Pang/Tong is in the practice rink according to twitter. Thanks Mrs. P.

Go check out the latest news with #4Continents #4CCSeoul #FC2015 and #4CC2015

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If anyone has practice reports of the Australians, I'd be grateful.

Saw on twitter that Andrew landed 3F-3T (hand down). Go for it! :dance: I think a lot of folks are going to be delightfully surprised by Team Australia!

Rinchan

Rinkside
Today I went to see the ladies practice. Lots of athletes skipped the session but I give some of my impressions

Gracie gold: she looked fabulous and in great shape. Had a clean run through. It was the first time for me to see her skating live and she is really amazing!

Park Soyoun: she did a run through of her fs with only the choreography and the spins. Later she practiced some of the jumps. She popped some of them but generally she looked confident and relaxed

Haejin kim: had a run through of her fs, mainly concentrated on the jumps. She looks very determined. Hope she can have a good showing!

Li Zijun: I have to say I expected more from her. Her run through didn't have many mistakes but she looked like she run out of stamina. Her spins though are gorgeous.

Gabrielle daelman: she looked so so disappointed, her run through wasn't good at all, lots of popps, doubled jumps and some falls.

Alene Chartrand: several step outs and probably ur but she hold it together

Satoko miyahara: wow wow wow wow! I was really impressed! Clean and complete run through of her miss Saigon. She may be small in size but she has a strong presence on the ice, lovely, and she covers much more ice than I thought!

Rika Hungo: lovely girl, big jumps.... but that posture :(!! Also, I thought her spins looked better on video but today some were a little bit sloppy and sloow! Park is often criticized for her spins but I thought that Rikas ones looked worse.

Yuka nagai: nay nay nay, lots of popps, falls... she looked disappointed and nervous :(

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ Thanks for your report and Thanks to all Korean figure skating fan who always always took HD fancams of practices and competitions. I knew I can count on your guys, and I am so excited that 4CC is in Korea, so we will have tons of great, precious fancams of high caliber skaters.
A little request, can our lovely Korean figure skating fans take some fancam of Zijun (just for knowledge purpose). Thanks!!:bow:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope So Youn will medal!!!! :cheer:
Zijun is... well... it seems her stamina is still not improved. :frown:
Glad to know Gracie is doing well. I know it when I say she is still the most all-rounded lady US has at the moment (eh... except for her mentality maybe).
Rika... I know I am not wrong when I said she gave the vibe of tomboy.
Satoko seems doing very well. I have no doubt she will medal.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Today I went to see the ladies practice. Lots of athletes skipped the session but I give some of my impressions

Park Soyoun: she did a run through of her fs with only the choreography and the spins. Later she practiced some of the jumps. She popped some of them but generally she looked confident and relaxed

Satoko miyahara: wow wow wow wow! I was really impressed! Clean and complete run through of her miss Saigon. She may be small in size but she has a strong presence on the ice, lovely, and she covers much more ice than I thought!

thanks for the report!!!

great to hear!! i think satoko is really consistent (if you dont count UR jumps :biggrin:) i really hope she can fix her jumps, cause to me she got everything else, great spins and skating skills, even the lady commentator for BESP at NHK (joanie??) was surprised and said " for such a small girl she has great ice coverage" :laugh:

and pls pls pls so youn!!! hold it together and deliver 2 clean programs :cheer: its great opportunity to test her nerves before 2018