Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited | Golden Skate

Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Did anyone catch the "Dick Van Dyke Revisited" show tonight? I just happened to tune in. It was great to see the gang (those who are left) again. One of my favorite shows of all time. Great stuff. Oh by the way, A Carol Burnette revival is on tomorrow night!

sk8m8

Final Flight
I thought it was great, too, lad. One of my favorite TV shows of all time and I think they did a lovely and touching tribute to both the show and the relationship they shared. Though I doubt it will win an emmy, it sure was comfortable watching the old gang again.

Grannyfan

Rinkside
Al the major characters were shown in clips from the original show. I think Richard Deacon (Mel) and Morey Amsterdam (Buddy) have both died. I'm not sure about Jerry Paris. I tuned in late and saw Dick Van Dyke, MTM, Rose Marie, Carl Reiner, Jerry Van Dyke and the woman who played Millie Helper, the next-door neighbor. I read that the grown up Richie was to be there, but I missed him.

I loved this show when I was a teenager. My favorite episode was one in which Laura was given a hugh brooch in the shape of the U.S. by Rob's parents. It was horrible, of course, and I think she ended up dropping it in the garbage disposal. Funny, but I never see that one in the re-runs.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
When did Dick and Mary patch up their relationship? I thought they were not friendly towards each other for a while??

Also... why was it called the "Dick Van Dyke Show" if Dick wasn't Dick on the show?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Did you ever see "Millie" as "Grandma Yetta" on THE NANNY? She was hysterical. They made a couple of references to The Dick Van Dyck Show during THE NANNY's run--really funny.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Oh goodness Mary is in fantastic shape... I know she has had a lot of work done (its obvious in her face) But I wonder if she had body work? I usually dont care about stuff like that, but I was just taken aback by how good she looked.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Liz, as far as I know, MTM is kinda like Jane Fonda...she's an excercise freak. I know what you are saying about the "nips and tucks" being obvious, but as far as I know Miss TM regularly (and for a long time) takes a master's class in ballet. Though I think that would probably be tough on her at her age now, I think she does stay extremely physically active and always has. I think she does it to help keep her diabeties under better control. I can honestly say that no matter how she's looked above the neck in previous years, she's always had a knockout body.