Snowing in Eastern Canada | Golden Skate

Snowing in Eastern Canada

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's so beautiful here in BC, we finally got some sun shine and I can't believe it's snowing to beat the band in Calgary and in parts of Manitoba and Ontario!!! Yikes! I fell guilty because we had a little fog this morning and I was complaining!!! Sorry folks!

bronxgirl

Medalist
Geez, it was warm (not quite hot on the shoreline) and humid yesterday here. I don't want to sound tooo selfish, but I hope that cold weather doesn't sneak it's way down here. I've finally unpacked my warm weather clothes! :)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
LAD, when I saw the title of your thread, I thought to myself, "Snow, it better not snow here." You see, what you labelled as Eastern Canada, is what I consider "out west" and where you live is "waaaaaay out west" :D

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
And here we've been having upper 80's most of the time the last few weeks. One of those years we go from winter to summer with very little spring. But you can keep your snow. :laugh:

sarahmistral

On the Ice
question on Vancouver...

Hi Ladskater!

I was just wondering what the skating scene is like in Vancouver--sorry this is sooooo not related to this weather thread, but I had to ask someone from the region who might know, as I posted in the Lutz Corner asking the very same question, but I got dozens of views and no answers :cry: :laugh: Anywhoo, I ask because I'd love to live in Vancouver someday, and I wanted to know what the rinks are like there, if there are good coaches and a good learn to skate program at these rinks, etc. I visited Vancouver last year for a tap dance festival (this girl is crazy, you're thinking:D ...it's true:laugh: I AM crazy, about a million different things! ), and I loved it, but I wasn't able to go skating.

Thanks!

Sarah

Ladskater

Record Breaker
sarahmistral:

Yes, we have ice rinks galore here in the lower mainland - that includes Vancouver, North Vancouver and all areas surrounding Vancouver. Plus, we have some top coaches. There is no lack of skating here!!!!!

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Kara Bear:

To us, anything East of the Rockies - including Alberta is considered the "East" - although Alberta is certainly cowboy country and is also the "West." Symantics!!!!