2015 Four Continents arena music thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents arena music thread

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I used to have a whole pile of K-Pop programmes that I had recorded from Arirang TV on my HDD Recorder. But, it was getting full and I decided to delete them, since they were all on the internet anyway. But before I did, I wrote out a list of the songs I liked, so that I would be able to look them up in the future, as it is hard to remember the names of songs when they are in a language you don't understand! ;) :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I subsequently left the piece of paper in my pocket when my clothes were getting washed. So, I lost the list. :disapp:

I don't think any of the songs I had put on that list were played during 4 Continents. Except one...

While Sakoto was waiting for her SP results, they played one of my favourite K-Pop songs!!! :cheer:

Girls Day - "Darling"

Apologies that it took me until now to post it. I have been racking my brain the past few days trying to remember who sung it, and you can imagine how useful putting the word "Darling" into any search box is! :laugh:

Since I mentioned it during the competition, here is a very recent song from another girl group:

HelloVenus - "Wiggle Wiggle"

I have to admit, this is not the style of music I normally go for. But, I thought I would throw it in as an example of something different.

Please note: I have not used the official music video, as it is probably a bit too racy for a family forum like this. Instead, I have used a live performance from "Simply K-Pop" on Arirang TV a few weeks ago (which, incidentally, was when I first heard the song!)

Oh, I hope this thread takes off, because it would be lovely to discover some gems that I hadn't heard before! (And hopefully come across some of the songs that I had put on that list...!)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And just by sheer coincidence, this appeared on my Facebook news feed today.

http://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2015/02/17/another-australian-k-pop-star-born-meet-hany-lee

Korean-Australian actress Hany Lee, who I first came across playing a love interest for Zeke Kinski in Neighbours a few years back, has decided to try her hand at K-Pop.

Here is a video her label released back in July of her singing a mash-up of different K-Pop songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFqdf_sC1CM

I really liked Hany when she was in Neighbours, and had hoped that she would come back. But when they brought Zeke back a few months ago, it was for him to get married, and then he left again. So, given that all her character's other friends have now left the programme, I can't see any way for Sunny to be written back in.

So, instead, I would like to wish Hany all the best for her new K-Pop career.

CaroLiza_fan