2015 Junior Worlds TV and Webstreams | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds TV and Webstreams

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Streaming options
  • Ice Network will be airing the 2015 World Junior Figure Skating Championships. See here for a schedule.
  • ISU will have the event on its Skating Channel. Geoblocking may apply. More info here.

ETA Icenetwork schedule is now up.

SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

3/4/2015 3:30am Ladies Short Program
3/4/2015 11:45am Pairs Short Program
3/5/2015 6:45am Short Dance
3/5/2015 12:00pm Pairs Free Skate
3/6/2015 03:45am Men's Short Program
3/6/2015 11:00am Ladies Free Skate
3/7/2015 06:30am Free Dance
3/7/2015 11:00am Men's Free Skate

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It has always been the case that if IN is airing it, ISU is geoblocked in the US. I hope not this time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It has always been the case that if IN is airing it, ISU is geoblocked in the US. I hope not this time.

IIRC, World Team Trophy has been an exception to the geo-blocking. :think:

But I did not mean to sound optimistic about Junior Worlds. :no: Just was giving a disclaimer that I do not know definitively either way.

MIM

Medalist
Thank you! But I hope we can still watch it with hola.

I believe it is a good way to advocate the sport for ISU to provide the public with a free live stream of junior events. I hope they continue doing it;)

Last edited:

Flaya

Match Penalty
I can't recall from last year. Does the CBC (Canada) website have a live webcast of Junior Worlds?

That would also be geoblocked internationally.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks,i was able to watch it on ISU channel without needing hola or anything, and they broadcasted jpgs as well so i am hopefull this year

ice coverage

Record Breaker
thanks,i was able to watch it on ISU channel without needing hola or anything, and they broadcasted jpgs as well so i am hopefull this year

And the archived 2014 Junior Worlds videos (such as the example below) seem to be accessible in the U.S. without Hola, so my fingers are crossed that the 2015 streaming will not be geoblocked.

ETA, pls ignore this post :bang:. The ISU eventually tweeted that geoblocking is in effect for 2015 streaming. :(

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
CBC will show Junior Worlds, they mentioned it during their 4CC broadcast. Would love to hear how they comment on our fav promising junior skaters.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Having some commentary on the Juniors is so interesting in the long run, because you can see, a few years later, if the commentators were able to predict who would do well.

Take Hanyu's 2009 JW performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE8rrLCJtQ
He placed 12th, but the BESP folks said 'For the future, I would bet my money on Hanyu'.
They saw something in him, even though he fell on his 3A and on another jump, they were able to predict that he would be special one day.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Having some commentary on the Juniors is so interesting in the long run, because you can see, a few years later, if the commentators were able to predict who would do well.

Take Hanyu's 2009 JW performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE8rrLCJtQ
He placed 12th, but the BESP folks said 'For the future, I would bet my money on Hanyu'.
They saw something in him, even though he fell on his 3A and on another jump, they were able to predict that he would be special one day.

you know i wish i could send the link to simon and nicky (esp simon) to see if they remember what they said about him (they seemed they heard of him for the 1st time at 2011 COC sp :biggrin:) and say to them " you won the jackpot"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if there will be any practice feed? I'm in bed sick with food poisoning and could do with some distraction ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

HJay

Spectator
ISU stream is geoblocked for Canada:-(
And CBC appears only to be streaming the free programs starting tomorrow :-( :-(

Last edited: