Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rising gas prices making me sick

Rising gas prices making me sick

I need a rant.

I just rushed to my local gas station for the lowest gas price in town of 93.9 cents a litre. Everywhere else in town it is 96.9. But luckily theres a station down the road that waits usually a half a day to put their price up after every other station rises. So I got the bargin price of 93.9. Woooooeeeeeee

Supreme gas is over a dollar a litre. It makes me sick. Spending almost fifty dollars to fill up a very small two door car is pathetic!

Arrrrrgggggg

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Kara, I think the days of joy riding are gone.

Dee

Yup, just yesterday I actually paid $2/gallon for gas! Ouch! I just hope this will actually lead to more energy-efficient cars on the roads, as it did in Carter's days. People who bought all those SUVs are certainly paying the price now!

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Oh, quit your whining. When I lived in Europe, I paid about $4 a gallon. I can live with $2....

Laura

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Originally posted by PrincessLeppard
    Oh, quit your whining. When I lived in Europe, I paid about $4 a gallon. I can live with $2....

Laura
    I can't. End up spending like $100 in 2 weeks.

I just paid $2.40 a gallon, cost me $33 to fill up my tank.

Gas is about $2.20 here in the valley. My hubby's truck fills up at about $45 bucks a pop..............42

Originally posted by PrincessLeppard

Laura
    Europeans generally have a lot more choice. Our public transit system is terrible (this is from the Northeast, which is great in comparison to other countries). The governement never did anything to encourage people to use alternate transport. When I go to NY for a weekend, I always feel bad taking my car when there is AMTRACK. But AMTRACK costs so much (and I really don't like buses)! In Europe, it's different. Taking a train from Venice to Milan costs about the same as the tolls on that route if you go by car.

hmmm, I wish I could convert gallons to litres in my head. I have no idea how much a gallon is. But I do know last summer when traveling in the State, it was hard to tell how much we were spending on anything. But when I got my credit card bill, I was amazed at how cheap our fill ups were down there!

I US gallon - 3.785 litres (The English gallon was something like litres).

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Kara Bear:

Out here in BC, the price has already soared to $1.00 a litre for the high octane gas. We are paying about the same as you here in the lower mainland. I get my gas out in Abbotsford or Aldergrove - it's usually around 85 or 82 depending. That's the best bet around here.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Ptichka, I did take mass transit a lot when I lived in Germany, it was much more convenient, since parking was so scarce. The cost was usually better, as long as it was a longer trip. The train from my little suburb to the city wasn't much of a bargain, but I didn't have to fight for parking, so there was that trade off.

I do wish the US had better public transportation. I liked riding the train.

Laura

I am paying nearly $2.30/gallon. I fill up twice a week. I need my car for business every day, all day long. Wouldn't that be a hoot to tell a client: "Let's take the bus to look at that house! I can't afford the gas prices!" :D

Custom Title
    Here in the middle of the US gas is about 1.95 per gallon for regular unleaded. My car also gets really good gas mileage, so I'm not in too bad of shape. :\

2loop

I drive a Toyota Highlander, which I just love. It is scheduled to be released as a hybrid (gas/electric) next year, I believe. I will be among their first customers!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast