Rising gas prices making me sick | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rising gas prices making me sick

Lucy25

Final Flight
Mathman said:
I think that gasoline prices in the U.S. ($2.05 here in Detroit today) have historically been kept artificially below world market prices by deals between the U.S. government and the rulers of oil producing countries, most prominently Saudi Arabia.

Mathman

Mathman - I got gas yesterday in Oakland County for $2.05. Today the same station is now $2.13. Yikes!!

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
here in florida I've seen prices that are 2.13 per gallon for not premium or regular, but the other one. yah its horrible

Gasoline is a political issue. The prices are planned to go down in August to make sure of an election win for the Oil Family.

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think the lowest price in my town is 1.93. Some are 1.99.
If I remember correctly, Okla & TX are cheaper than KS.

dizzydi

On the Ice
Gas prices

Joesitz,

Gas prices always go down just before a general election---no matter which party holds office.

Dizzy

Re: Gas prices

dizzydi said:
Joesitz,

Gas prices always go down just before a general election---no matter which party holds office. Dizzy

Dizzidi - I never thought of that but there was something in the news that the Saudi's were going to pump more gas to get that issue off the table.

Joe

bronxgirl

Medalist
Re: Re: Gas prices

Joesitz said:
Dizzidi - I never thought of that but there was something in the news that the Saudi's were going to pump more gas to get that issue off the table.

Joe

There was a report on 60 Minutes that the Saudi royal family was planning on boosting oil production right before the US general election to ease the reelection of Bush.

dizzydi

On the Ice
bronxgirl,

In typical "60 Minutes" style, they report only half the story.

The Saudi's also have gone on record stating they do this for EVERY sitting president. Clinton got this courtesy both times, as well as previous sitting presidents.

"60 Minutes" should be treated as an editorial show----absolutely not a source for actual news.

Dizzy

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Hey prices went up again today. Now we're sitting at 99.9 cents a litre. So if theres 3.785 litres in a gallon, we're paying 3.70 a gallon. So don't complain about 2 dollars a gallon. I wish we could have those prices! Gas prices, combined with the unreal rate of insurance here make it REALLY expensive to have a car. Argggg

Anyways on a lighter note, my bf jokes that I have gas radar. We keep on holding off in putting gas in unless we really need it...we're hoping that it will go down. But wheneve rit goes up, I catch it and get a fill up in before all the stations rise. I guess it comes from my days as an Irving girl. I always notice the prices.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Bush & Saudi Arabia

I view 60 Minute's report with about the same scepticism as the claim that Saudis did this for Carter and Clinton. On the one hand, the Bush family did indeed have very strong ties to the Saudi ruling family. This was true of Bush Sr. even more strongly than of Bush Jr. He has enjoyed great hospitality from the Saudis, as well as hefty donations to his library. On the other hand, relations between US and the Saudi family have been very strained lately; moreover, the second most powerful family in Saudi Arabia opposes the Bush presidency. It remains to be seen how Saudi ruling family will navigate through this political minefield. My personal opinion is that there is too much that we don't know about Saudi/US relations. It is in the interests of both countries' leaders to keep it that way. (Please note, I believe both of our major parties are equally complicit)

marymotormouth

Rinkside
Has anyone else recently gotten that e-mail about not buying gas on May 19th? it's something about if the US population all stopped buying gas on a given day it would force the crude oil prices to lower prices of gasoline.

I'm not sure if it is true or an Internet hoax, but if it would help, I'b be all for it.

Gas in north central Ohio is $2.08 a gallon right now.

dizzydi

On the Ice
Rising gas prices

Ptichka,

One of the Saudi Princes was on camera stating that the oil prices have been decreased before general elections for every sitting president, as a courtesy.

You just don't see this in the main stream so-called news reports.

I've seen and heard the statement.

I know what I say isn't going to carry any weight with most people but I just wanted to give the facts, as I know them.

Dizzy

I think the Saudi ruling family is between a rock and a hard place. Their oil policy and pro-western stance keeps them in favor with Washington but in Dutch with their own people, especially the Islamic activists. Pakistan is another such country -- the rulers remain in office only at the sufferance of the U.S., while at the same time this coziness infuriates the majority of the people.

Be careful what you ask for -- you might get it! Does the Bush administration really want to create governments in the middle east that reflect the will of the majority?

Mathman