2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26 | Page 125 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26

CutieP

On the Ice
Why not? Are men better at performance/execution, interpretation, choreo, etc.? I think that her PCS would stack up just fine with most of the men.

ETA: And the reason for the factor for ladies is because the ladies' TES is less than the men's. To give the ladies an unfactored PCS score would weight it higher for ladies than the men.

Just common sense I guess. I thought this would be obvious. But I'm the first person to admit that I'm no expert, so bare with me.:yes:

So this is what I presume: The men have more speed across the ice and better technique, thus improved transitions and skating skills, and all this radiates to the other components as well. Let's face it: even the PCS score is more about technique than anything else. Ultimately even CH.

My main point is this: If all of a sudden one the top men would skate with the speed and skills of one of the top ladies there would be a visible difference between him and his competitors (in general skating). This skaters PCS scores would not reach the top level in men's field. What is an eight for Liza in ladies, would probably turn to 6 or 7 in men's.

Perhaps I was wrong about why the factor exists (yes, it was a presumption), but that doesn't change this thing.

rain

Record Breaker
No she definitely has a bad posture. Many people do tend to have that, but she is a skater and need to fix that, if possible. I think I saw some improvements though. It looked to me like she has more consciousness of her body and is learning how to use it, the movements etc.. That helps a lot.

I commented on Hongo's poor posture earlier and mentioned that it was only about 50 per cent of the time that her shoulders looked so hunched and high — you could tell it's something that she is working on. It seemed like when she was concentrating on it during some of the more choreographic parts she was okay, but then she'd forget about it going into an element and the shoulders would come right back up. It's just not an automatic for her yet.

I find it more concerning that Radionova has the exact same problem — skating with her shoulders hunched around her ears — yet she doesn't seem to be working at all to fix it — at least not that I can see. And she's praised for being so artistic. Perhaps that's the problem. Given her success to date maybe she and her team don't see it as something they need to address. But I personally find it very, very distracting.

LRK

Record Breaker
I commented on Hongo's poor posture earlier and mentioned that it was only about 50 per cent of the time that her shoulders looked so hunched and high — you could tell it's something that she is working on. It seemed like when she was concentrating on it during some of the more choreographic parts she was okay, but then she'd forget about it going into an element and the shoulders would come right back up. It's just not an automatic for her yet.

I find it more concerning that Radionova has the exact same problem — skating with her shoulders hunched around her ears — yet she doesn't seem to be working at all to fix it — at least not that I can see. And she's praised for being so artistic. Perhaps that's the problem. Given her success to date maybe she and her team don't see it as something they need to address. But I personally find it very, very distracting.

She's praised for being a great performer - not the same thing. Very few Russian skaters are considered "artistic" on this forum. (Note: not my opinion, but then, I don't particularly throw around the word "artistic" very often at all.)

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Liza CBC interview

When Scott said, "Can I ask you one question?", I almost thought he would follow that with, "You have often raised your arm above your head when you're jumping..." :laugh: Too much Tano'marathon-a-matron for me.

Also, Kurt... "She not only cleaned her short, I think she's gonna clean everyone else's clocks." :laugh2:

Thank you for posting this! Liza's English is delightful! ♥ She is definitely my Tzarina of Ice Skating 2015!