Why would a co-worker come to work with Strep Throat | Golden Skate

Why would a co-worker come to work with Strep Throat

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
A co-worker today announced to us today at work that she was diagnosed with strep throat last night! She came into work today! She is on anti-biotics, but I just read on the web that a person should wait at least 24 hours to return to work or school once they start the medication. Unreal!

Hope I don't get Strep.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Boy, keep your hands washed and don't touch your mouth, nose or eyes.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Grgranny:

Thanks!!!! I already have washed my hands about 150 times today; I will try to follow your advice.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Those little bottles of alcohol based hand cleanser seem to also work well (and they have lots of nice scents now too). There havae been some nice studies showing that they do seem to work well aganst common bacteria.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
That's a great idea. I just can't believe someone would go to
work contagious like that. :mad:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Why would a co-worker come to work with Strep
Because they are stupid!:sheesh: I use to hate when I was working and someone would come in sick. I worked in a small office and sure enough all of us would end up with what ever the sick person had! Usually the reason someone comes in sick to work is that the company doesn't provide sick days. So no work no pay.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan:

I know what you mean! One of the other gals, complained of a sore throat today - oh, oh.

I like the surgical mask idea! I thought of wearing gloves, but did not want my fellow workers to think I was weird!!!!

Thanks!!