Controlling Motion/Dizziness | Golden Skate

Controlling Motion/Dizziness

bwayrose7

On the Ice
Hi all,

I posted a while back about being a young adult beginner, and I made progress fairly quickly at the start. However, the past couple of months, I have barely been able to get time on the ice. I have been dealing with some health issues that are still mostly undiagnosed, but the prevailing theory is a possible migraine variant/anxiety issue that manifests, instead of in "headaches", in what feels like motion sickness without having actually been in motion. Needless to say, this has made skating harder and I haven't even attempted it in weeks out of fear to what it will make me feel like (I'm a college senior without much leeway for sick days). I was wondering if anyone has any advice for how to reduce or deal with the occasional motion sensitivity that comes with skating, especially with anything requiring spinning or turning. It took me two decades to find a physical activity I truly love, and I really miss spending regular time with it.

Thanks so much!

loopy

Final Flight
My husband had a weird case of vertigo this fall and has had a couple of relapses, so I really feel for you. It is not fun to go through, he was at the point where he could not drive or turn his head too quickly. One thing that helped was OTC seasickness medication.