2015 Junior Worlds - Frontrunners | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds - Frontrunners

samm22

On the Ice
Medvedeva will undoubtedly take gold. With Sima and Maria being shaky there is no one else who could contend her gold medal. Imo Maria has improved enough since GPF to pull ahead of Wakaba and battle Sima for silver. I say this and yet Sima scared me at gpf and even worse at Jnats so we will have to see how much worse she hopefully isn't come start time for worlds.

I forgot about Maria. She is definitely in the running for medal as well. Personally, I find wakaba a little more exciting and genuine, when it comes to the performance. Maria seems a little cold on the ice. But that's just me. It will be interesting to see who will rise to the challenge. With Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Wakaba and Maria, I think it will be difficult for anyone else to make a shot at the podium.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I forgot about Maria. She is definitely in the running for medal as well. Personally, I find wakaba a little more exciting and genuine, when it comes to the performance. Maria seems a little cold on the ice. But that's just me. It will be interesting to see who will rise to the challenge. With Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Wakaba and Maria, I think it will be difficult for anyone else to make a shot at the podium.

Karen Chen could sneak into the podium as long as she could perform like her showings at Nationals.

NaVi

Medalist
I forgot about Maria. She is definitely in the running for medal as well. Personally, I find wakaba a little more exciting and genuine, when it comes to the performance. Maria seems a little cold on the ice.But that's just me.It will be interesting to see who will rise to the challenge. With Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Wakaba and Maria, I think it will be difficult for anyone else to make a shot at the podium.

I completely disagree... in fact I think there are few "warmer" active high level skater than Maria...

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I completely disagree... in fact I think there is no "warmer" active high level skater than Maria... period.

Hey, you misquoted my name for the post. I'm not the poster whom you're looking for. It is samm22. :laugh2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it will be interesting to see Wakaba's flip. She has been called on every singe attempt during the JGP this season. Fortunately she gets ! more than "e" but it is a real problem and may hold her back or be a deciding factor if it comes down to her and Maria who not only has good edge jumps......she has that monster 3lz-1lo-3s with an 11.77 BV. Wakaba beat her at GPF by 2.1 points with her flip getting a "e" in the SP and only a ! in the FS. A lot will depend on how the tech panel calls the jumps. Two 'e' calls and Wakaba would be out under similar conditions or two ! and Maria may be out. The real story could be the slow yet noticable improvement in Maria's jumps this year as she battled back from injury and growth spurt. Can she improve even more and challenge for the top spot like at JGPF last season. :popcorn:

May the best win but I'm betting on the BFF's to take the top two spots but TBH any of the top five or six will be as deserving as the next IMHO. I'm pretty pumped for this event.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Just putting an off-topic comment; aren't we gonna have a prediction game for the Junior Worlds? :biggrin:

samm22

On the Ice
I completely disagree... in fact I think there are few "warmer" active high level skater than Maria...

I guess I didn't phrase that well. I do not think Maria has no expression, but I find Wakaba's style of skating to be a little more joyful. She seems like she loves to skate. With Maria, it is obvious that she likes skating, but I don't get that same joy from her skating. But again, this is just my opinion. I do find Maria has much better presence on the ice than someone like Pogorilaya, at the Senior Level.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Russian Juniors 2015 champions VIGALOVA/ZAKROEV withdrew from JW :(
They finished 3rd at the JGP Final this season.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just putting an off-topic comment; aren't we gonna have a prediction game for the Junior Worlds? :biggrin:

I hope we do!

I would like to participate as well.

I wasn't planning on doing a Predictions Game for Junior Worlds, but Doris just told me that there is demand for one, so I've reconsidered.

I have never had any interest in Junior competitions, and am not planning on watching them.

That said, I had suggested including Junior Worlds in the Predictions Game last season, but the overwhelming opinion was that it would be too much. So, I just assumed that the feeling would be the same this season.

If there is a real demand for Predictions on Junior Worlds, I will gladly rustle up a Predictions Thread quickly (let's face it, the original posts are all done to the same template!) The semi-finals of the current snooker tournament doesn't start for another hour, so I can easily have it done by then.

The only thing is it might be a bit late for people to make predictions before the competitions start!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Predictions thread for Junior Worlds is now up!

There will be a Junior Worlds page added to the ISU Championships Game spreadsheet within the next few days.

HOWEVER, since this is a last minute decision, Junior Worlds will be a stand-alone Predictions Game rather than a round of the ISU Championships Game.

So, anybody that wants to play can do so. But anybody that doesn't play (be it because they didn't spot the predictions thread in time, or simply aren't interested in Junior competitions) will NOT be at a disadvantage in the ISU Championships Game.

I hope everything is clear, and good luck to those that play

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wasn't planning on doing a Predictions Game for Junior Worlds, but Doris just told me that there is demand for one, so I've reconsidered.

I have never had any interest in Junior competitions, and am not planning on watching them.

That said, I had suggested including Junior Worlds in the Predictions Game last season, but the overwhelming opinion was that it would be too much. So, I just assumed that the feeling would be the same this season.

If there is a real demand for Predictions on Junior Worlds, I will gladly rustle up a Predictions Thread quickly (let's face it, the original posts are all done to the same template!) The semi-finals of the current snooker tournament doesn't start for another hour, so I can easily have it done by then.

The only thing is it might be a bit late for people to make predictions before the competitions start!

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you for the all efforts, CaroLiza Fan. I never cared for junior-level competition, but this season is quite different because there are so many young promising stars in the juniors. I can't wait to see how the Junior Worlds will be. Some of them will probably go to senior stage next season, so this is gonna be exciting as well.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you for the all efforts, CaroLiza Fan. I never cared for junior-level competition, but this season is quite different because there are so many young promising stars in the juniors. I can't wait to see how the Junior Worlds will be. Some of them will probably go to senior stage next season, so this is gonna be exciting as well.

Last year's JW was the first junior competition I ever watched, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The best juniors are better than quite a few of the mediocre seniors, quite honestly (at least in the singles discplines)...and it's a lot of fun to watch them develop.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I was the same until a year or so ago.

But things started to change with the emergence of skaters like Radionova and Lipnitskaia. And then this season, I "discovered" loads of juniors that I think are well worth watching.

Some of them can skate with a level of expressivness, polish or maturity that would be unfair to describe as "juniorish". Some of them are scoring points that would not be out of place in senior competitions... and some are scoring so highly they could win senior competitions...!

It's the first time for me, but skaters like Evgenia Medvedeva, Serafima Sakhanovic, Wakaba Higuchi, Yuka Nagai, Karen Chen, Shoma Uno, Sota Yamamoto, Alexander Petrov, Adian Pitkeev, Jin Seo Kim, Roman Sadovsky, and many more... have me actually looking forward to junior world's...!

And I'm expecting quite a competition - not just a couple of prodigys wiping the floor with everybody else...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Last year's JW was the first junior competition I ever watched, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The best juniors are better than quite a few of the mediocre seniors, quite honestly (at least in the singles discplines)...and it's a lot of fun to watch them develop.

Yes, that's why I was expecting to do a prediction game for the Junior World Championships. Honestly, I was a little bored with the Ladies' short segment at the senior GPF, so watched some performances at JGPF for the first time and felt refreshed and amused by the charm, especially on the junior ladies and men. I thought some of the top juniors could make a history for the next Olympics.

Last edited: