Pairs Moves Inspired by Cirque du Soleil | Golden Skate

Pairs Moves Inspired by Cirque du Soleil

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada's Utako Wakamatsu and Jean-Sebastien Fecteau often look more like circus acrobats than skaters as the super-flexible Wakamatsu twists herself into a variety of pretzel-like shapes, especially in some of the lifts.

More

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Paula:

Thanks for the article. I wondered what happened to him. I have not seen him with his new partner, but they sound great. I hope to see them in the new season. That's interesting about the Cirque du Soleil influence.

brenlynn

On the Ice
Yay for Seb and Tako!! :love:

I think they are fab, I saw them on TV during the broadcast of Skate America. I just hope she can learn to land the throws and jumps. Too bad Seb doesn't have better luck finding a more consistent partner, he's a great skater!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Their SP at Skate America was one of the really memorable programs in pairs there. They crumbled a bit in the LP, but give them time! I thought they did very, very well for a new pair.

They finished fourth overall behind Pang/Tong, Petrova/Tikhonov, and Zhang/Zhang. If you recall, P/T China finished 3rd, P/T RUS finished 4th and Z/Z finished 5th at worlds. So W/F were facing really stiff competition!

In the SP, they finished 3rd, ahead of Zhang/Zhang.

Last edited:

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
Cirque Du Soleil is so amazing! I saw it in February w/ my grandmother. It was breathtaking! especially the contortionists, and the flying trapeze. actually everyone was amazing!