2015 World Championships TV and Webstreams | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 World Championships TV and Webstreams

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Hey guys, Terry Gannon just said Jason Brown has a real chance at a podium finish at Worlds.

Hope things turn out differently this time! :sarcasm:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Hey guys, Terry Gannon just said Jason Brown has a real chance at a podium finish at Worlds.

Hope things turn out differently this time! :sarcasm:

And then Tara and Johnny pretended he did not exist.

They don't like not being right i think.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I missed the first hour of the NbC broadcast, did they already show the pairs FS?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not surprised, and frankly I am glad. No need to drop skaters like a hot potato after a bad SP.

NBC did not show the Shibs at Worlds ... so can't take anything for granted on NBC.

(I don't think NBC meant any disrepect to the Shibs; the time alloted for dance was just too short to include them.)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
NBC did not show the Shibs at Worlds ... so can't take anything for granted on NBC.

(I don't think NBC meant any disrepect to the Shibs; the time alloted for dance was just too short to include them.)

I am not sure NBC or USFSA has been as interested in promoting the Shibs as they have Josh, not that I blame them for being on team Josh. Josh was promoted as a possible medalist, the Shibs were not, so it makes sense to me and seems fair to show Josh now even if he is out of medal contention.

They seem to be showing a lot of the men. If they can show Nam and Misha, they should show the USA guys. And showing Nam and Misha is likely a good idea for American audiences.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Ice Dance coverage was short on NBC, but they had plenty of time to show Fernandez's FS toward the end (even though the 2 hours was supposed to be dedicated to Ice Dance and Ladies). Seems like that just spoils the results of the Men's event 2 weeks in advance of the broadcast, and now they are going to show it again today. Not an efficient or logical use of time, IMO...

Men's event will probably be over at the top of the hour... I wonder what NBC will air in the final hour? Will they just re-air footage from their broadcast 2 weeks ago? Will they possibly show the Shibs this time around? :slink:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Men's event will probably be over at the top of the hour... I wonder what NBC will air in the final hour? Will they just re-air footage from their broadcast 2 weeks ago? Will they possibly show the Shibs this time around? :slink:

My guess is exhibition.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am not sure NBC or USFSA has been as interested in promoting the Shibs as they have Josh, not that I blame them for being on team Josh. Josh was promoted as a possible medalist, the Shibs were not, so it makes sense to me and seems fair to show Josh now even if he is out of medal contention.

They seem to be showing a lot of the men. If they can show Nam and Misha, they should show the USA guys. And showing Nam and Misha is likely a good idea for American audiences.

Was not trying to stir up a debate pitting the Shibs against Josh or vice versa as to who was more deserving of being shown.

Just my own personal desire that both Josh and the Shibs had been shown.

I got my wish re Josh. Did not get my wish re the Shibs. C'est la vie.

(I do think my opinion re how USFS views the Shibs is different from yours. But I don't want to get into a debate ;) over that either.)

... I wonder what NBC will air in the final hour? Will they just re-air footage from their broadcast 2 weeks ago? Will they possibly show the Shibs this time around? :slink:

Yes, I'm wondering too.
The NBC blurb that I posted above said that today's telecast would include ice dance and ladies (even though also covered in the first telecast).

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
What? You don't want to see the losing performances from all 3 US Ladies again?

I'd rather see a remix of Javi's goat laugh. (I can't get enough, i want to turn it into a ringtone on my phone).

More I just thought it was odd how they just started airing stuff, with no transition, just suddenly there is Gracie.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'd rather see a remix of Javi's goat laugh. (I can't get enough, i want to turn it into a ringtone on my phone).

Yes, the goat laugh made this NBC broadcast worthwhile today!

Now I'm really curious what's after Polina... are they showing the Russian ladies again? (Ice Dance highlights were just C/B FD.)