Elizaveta's triple A | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta's triple A

BlackPack

Medalist
She's an excellent jumper, so I see no reason why she shouldn't add the 3A back to her repertoire again. She used to be able to do it. I do have mixed feelings about adding it in competition for Worlds next month, seems like there is a rush to add this element. If the goal was to be doing a 3A this season, I feel she should have been attempting it earlier in the year.

Although I agree with others thoughts on this: maybe Liza's camp is bluffing with this news to rattle the competition a bit. Or maybe, the 3A will be a last minute decision based on skating order and how others perform (mainly Radionova)...

I do not necessarily agree that 'Liza can win Worlds' without the 3A. Yes, it's possible she could win without it, but Liza and Elena have been neck-and-neck all season long... there is zero room for error with both skaters if they want to win. And the biggest 'problem' is that Liza and Elena have been so freaking consistent this season, making it so difficult to predict the results. I think Liza dodged a bullet at the GPF last year, with Elena being sick and falling in her SP -- otherwise, Elena may have won that one. Just goes back to my original thought: both skaters need to bring their A-game at Worlds. Hopefully, nobody gets injured or sick around the time of Worlds...

All that said, my money is still on Liza for World champ! ;)

Yes... only a point or two separate the 2 ladies. Tuk definitely can't rest on her laurels after this season, but if she skates clean again next month, she'll get it.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I like that she wants to take and win the title!! Really go after it! Now you can say she could be doing that without 3a but she's has 3a and wants to do it so thats good!!

Globetrotter

Medalist
I was thinking the same thing. But, she should only do it if she goes after Radionova in the free if she's trailing. That's it. Also, she needs to move her lutz and axel in the second half for her sp

Personally, I say she should do it if she feels good about doing it. Being able to land them consistently in practice is not the same as landing them in competition with all the adrenaline and nervousness. I still remember Slutskaya who generally skated poorly in practices but can always be relied on to bring on the fire during her competitive skates especially in the SP. In contrast, Maria Butyrskaya was landing 3A in practices but was so stiff with nervousness in her competitive skates she even had problem landing a 3T. if Tuks wants the 3A in her repertoire, she has got to be like Mao to bring it on and go for it in competition. I don't think there is ever a "good" time to do it, but the more you try it in competition, the more you will get it ratified. Let the nervousness and scare hold you back, it will never happen.

For this year's world's, it all depends on how Tuks feel and how the order and outcomes come out. If Lena skates first and comes out all guns firing in the SP with a big score, ok it may be good to go for it. Personally, I think it may be better to try it in the LP if her closest rival had given a big skate and got a big score and the 3A may represent the best bet to have any chance of catch up. Even if she bombs, at least she knows she tried.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The risk with doing it in the LP is that it requires a significant energy expenditure so the jumps much later in the program can suffer if she is deflated after a failed attempt. Really, the same could happen in the SP too which is why I think it is a terrible idea to try it at all when she is already the frontrunner without it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think Liza dodged a bullet at the GPF last year, with Elena being sick and falling in her SP -- otherwise, Elena may have won that one.
Nah, Liza won the LP too, even with a subpar (by her standards) 3T-3T while Elena was perfect. Not to mention the Level 4s she received for everything, and winning the SP over Yulia despite having the more visible error. I think that panel--that tech panel, at any rate--was leaning on giving it to Liza as long as she doesn't mess up.

That being said, who knows which lady the Worlds panel will pick... I think it'll still be Liza if she goes clean, but she'll still trail Elena in the SP unless she lands 3A.

Barb

Record Breaker
I don´t believe it. Like someone said, if she does not venture to do a 3ltz-3t why she going to try a 3a?. I am sure she will try it the next season, not at worlds 2015.

BlackPack

Medalist
With Tuk, I think it's best to take it slow. After all, it wasn't too long ago that she wasn't even a contender. A year ago, many have written her off, and Yulia was the star. I think she is more or less a fully grown woman but she had to re-learn all her jumps in such a short time with a new physique. She has done exceedingly well but to try a 3a this season is too much IMO. Even though she skated with a lot of command and confidence, I still think the ultimate vindication for all that she suffered in the past couple of seasons is a her best skate. I think the memory of winning something big and skating her best is the most important factor before she even attempts the more difficult stuff. Someone mentioned that her 3a is UR but I don't think that's true https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnmFK4VTJRk

Ambivalent

On the Ice
3A is a jump which all but handful of special skaters have managed to achieve, and I for one hope Liza becomes the next Great Skater and the best Russian ever. A consistent 3A would help immensely and make her almost unbeatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

francefox

Rinkside
If ever she decided to pursue 3A then she may have a line up of
3A
3lz-2t-2l
3lz
3t-3t
3f
3s-2a seq
3L

LisaM

Medalist
I hope she doesn't get rid of the final 2A she has in her LP right now. That's my favorite jump in her program. Do the 3A AND the 2A :D

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If ever she decided to pursue 3A then she may have a line up of
3A
3lz-2t-2l
3lz
3t-3t
3f
3s-2a seq
3L
A 3F that late in the program? :think: Now it's a stable jump, but don't forget that it has been a problem for her in the past, so that might not be an excellent choice... Maybe the 3T+3T after the flip?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
A 3F that late in the program? :think: Now it's a stable jump, but don't forget that it has been a problem for her in the past, so that might not be an excellent choice... Maybe the 3T+3T after the flip?

Probably the flip sooner (i.e. swap it with the 2nd lutz).

francefox

Rinkside

that could be possibly better to put the flip before the 3T3T but still it would be on the second half because with the addition of 3a, the flip will definitely be pushed further

MIM

Medalist
Hmmm... at what rate of consistency will Mishin "allow" Tuk to do the 3a? It seems that their approach has been very conversative. She is certainly capable of 3z-3t but they haven't taken that risk lately and only go for jumps that she can do in her sleep. I'd say Mishin wouldn't agree with letting her try the 3a if it hasn't reached 90% consistency.

I agree that Mishin will carefully nurture her until he knows she is ready. There's only so much she can do during the practice and the rest can be completed at the competition. Also, among all the competitions, this is the time to peak! Here are all the scenarios that can happen to her.

1. She lands a 3A and wins WGM. A glorious win!!!!
  2. She lands a 3A and doesn't win WGM.
    Unfortunate! But Bravo!!!She knows where to patch next season.
  3. She falls on a 3A and wins WGM.
    She has built up the consistency all season long. Even if she pops/falls on her 3A, she has the rest of the elements that are strong. Also, ice is slippery. Other medal contenders can make mistakes, too.
  4. She falls on a 3A and doesn't win WGM.
    She has built up the consistency all season long. Even if she pops/falls on her 3A, she has the rest of the elements that are strong enough to get her WSM or WBM. She gains the experience of trying a 3A at the major competition. She will come back even stronger next season with this valuable lessons.
  5. She doesn't try a 3A and wins WGM. A glorious win!!!!
  6. She doesn't try a 3A and doesn't win WGM.
    Her competitor performs out-of-this-worldly. Liza probably wins WSM or WBM, but she may regret the decision to pull off a 3A.

Regardless of success in the 3A, I believe she gains more by training/competing with 3A for the worlds in a long run.