ISU launches “Wait...What!!!” “What’s in my bag?” and “A moment with” | Golden Skate

ISU launches “Wait...What!!!” “What’s in my bag?” and “A moment with”

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I would like to see Jason Brown, Misha Ge, Fernandez, Brezina for the guys.
(Hanyu is already on the list, so I just have to be paitent)

For the girls, I'd like to see Rika and Satoko (possibly together) Zijun, Kiira, Kanako, Elizaveta and Radionova.

Edit: How could I forget Han Yan?? I want to see him do a Wait...What?? clip.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I love it! It's cute and good in between competitions. I would love to see some of the Russian girls, they're so killer on ice, I'd love to see them in a candid situation and getting to know them a little more off the ice.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua, Jason and Max, of course, please! And Liza!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So, I sharply criticized the second kiss and cry bench...but this new video clip series I heartily agree with.

What do you think? Who are you looking forward to seeing on this series? :popcorn:
I agree, unlike the appalling and cringe-worthy second Kiss and Cry... these are not filmed during competition, they're entertaining, made with the cooperation of the skaters, we may actually hear something new or interesting or funny... etc.

A lot of clips seem to have been filmed outside the GPF venue in Barcelona - nice way to use those old/little bits of fluff that perhaps never made it to TV or full-length interviews or whatever.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
This initiative from the ISU has been a good step. Its fast, fun and entertaining. I hope they continue to start initiatives that can make skating just that more accessible.
Also, another good thing about this initiative is that it's not overbearingly expensive to do at all, and can be filmed months in advance.

If they can activate their twitter and social media more, and tailor articles for a younger demographic- lile what they do with buzzfeed articles with gifs, memes, small videos, small fun interactive quizes (e.g. Which skater fits your personality best?), release videos and picture posters, explaining figure skating elements or the judging system in an easy and visually appealing way.
The ISU can use their current resources to further create opportunites to promote the sport globally.
Then it will be up to the individual national federations to attract and interest people to come to watch a competition or watch it on tv.

On a side note, i still like that second waiting area for the top three.i do care for the wellbeing of each skater competing, however, i approve the entertainment value it brings to the audience. Its not like they are continuously showing the athletes in that area- its only for reactions.
Also, you might not know- it mightve been a once off occurance. It might be back to normal for worlds.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Machida's Wait What! video has already gotten around 30,000 views. (he cares about his hair!!)
What do you think? Who are you looking forward to seeing on this series? :popcorn:

Of course, I love this kind of approaches. It was really nice to see Machida's smiling on YouTube.

I would like to see the Wait..What featuring Mura, Dice Murakami, Yan Han, Denis Ten, Zijun Li, Pang/Tong, Papadakis/Cizeron, Chafik Besseghier and Mae-Berenice Meite too! I also would be happy to see interviews on underdogs as well while there are many accessible interviews of famous stars. This could be seen as a quite long wishlist, but by giving Machida's clip an example, the length is very short and it was shot in a casual manner, this is not practically a slim chance in future. :)

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This series is really cool! I hope they'll do it with a lot of skaters. I want the "Who's your favorite superhero question?" to be answered :biggrin:

But do I have to feel like a nerd because I could answer √225 question immediately? :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This series is really cool! I hope they'll do it with a lot of skaters. I want the "Who's your favorite superhero question?" to be answered :biggrin:

But do I have to feel like a nerd because I could answer √225 question immediately? :laugh:

As seen in the whole series...the Speed skaters are beating the figure skaters in the answer to that question.

Figureskaters! Don't let your side down. :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why would Gabriella Papadakis be a lion? Because she's got the hair for it, that's why! :biggrin:

Wait...What? :laugh2: Gabriella and Guillaume alreaaaady was featured about a month ago. Thanks for the introduction to here, Pamina. She thinks of herself as a lion because of the golden rich hair! However, I would call her a Greek goddess like Artemis because she is so beautiful and elegant.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
As seen in the whole series...the Speed skaters are beating the figure skaters in the answer to that question.

Figureskaters! Don't let your side down. :biggrin:

Maybe we need to get them some crib sheets for that question... I imagine the majority of them looking really cute trying to read from it while trying to hide it :biggrin:

anyanka

Record Breaker
The hashtags are a bit hysterical, but the sport needs to start trending and reach a younger audience I suppose.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
These clips and their style remind me a bit of MTV's Weird Vibes show, which by the way, they need to revive with a new episode... hasn't been one in over a year!

BlackPack

Medalist
The hashtags are a bit hysterical, but the sport needs to start trending and reach a younger audience I suppose.

"Younger audience" - definitely. Although it is really nice to see these skaters act "young" and relaxed, not being serious all the time.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think this is a good move. Unlike the second K&C, it's optional, not invasive, has a fun vibe, and does not add pressure in a high-pressure situation (during competition).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
olivia and joseph's was hilarious :laugh2: yuzuru and javier are in the same category, i cant wait!!