Gracie Gold's 3A | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold's 3A

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I very much doubt it. Her jumps don't seem as powerful for some reason and her 2axel doesn't get much height so i doubt she will ever work on it again. Her old coach was a good jump coach and i think she really misses him if only for his jump technique.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Gracie has strong triples, but her double axel isn't very powerful (or even consistent). I would be surprised if she were the one to bring 3A.

noskates

Record Breaker
Seems to me like if she could do it before she could do it again with the proper training. She has a very tight rotation in the air and that's certainly a good part of it.

Scovies

Final Flight
She has tight, quick rotation on most of her jumps, but her 2A is pretty scary-looking right now. I was really surprised to see this.

sbaker

On the Ice
I don't think we will see this again. If you compare Liza and Gracie's 2A you can see how much more potential and good technique Liza's has to pull off the triple.

ETA - if we do see this again it would be after serious work on Gracie's 2A technique, so not anytime soon. I think she has enough to focus on right now.

Amei

Record Breaker
Gracie needs to be more consistent with her current jumps before attempting a more difficult jump.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yeah, the axel is one of Gracie's weaker jumps. She gets good rotation in that video but it's obvious it's due to the lift she gets from the harness. To do a 3A without the harness she can't hesitate on the rotation like she did in that video.

I rarely put much stock in videos of people doing 3As on a harness. Alissa Czisny could do a 3A in a harness...:eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh my, we really need world's quickly to come. this is getting ridiculous pretty soon we will have new threads like Hanyu picks his nose with his toe pick or Ashley Wagner learns how to flick her hair seductively as a new element. :)

jkun

Final Flight
Her 2A technique is not good, but this does not mean a 3A would be impossible. I think Mishin exactly wrote that doing a 3A is more about using the free leg to rotate rather than get height (which is what you do in the 2A). Reason why Liza's 3A is not super high. I think Gracie's 2A technique does not get good height, but she could get good rotation from it? The video, in harness though, is not much proof.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Alissa Czisny could do a 3A in a harness...:eek:hwell:

Come on, now. Let's not make AC a punchline. That's just cruel. (No sarcasm.)

I have no opinion on GG's 3A potential. I hope she can do it, but I hope many female figure skaters will follow in the footsteps of Midori Ito, Tonya Harding, and Mao Asada.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Come on, now. Let's not make AC a punchline. That's just cruel. (No sarcasm.)

I wasn't saying it to be mean or cruel. Alissa had a notoriously wonky 2A and yet she managed to do a 3A with the help of a harness. I'm just making the point that doing a jump in a harness doesn't mean you're capable of doing that jump without it.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I wasn't saying it to be mean or cruel. Alissa had a notoriously wonky 2A and yet she managed to do a 3A with the help of a harness. I'm just making the point that doing a jump in a harness doesn't mean you're capable of doing that jump without it.

I did triple toes and sals in the harness for fun and I never even landed a double axel or double lutz off of it. It's not hard to translate things you know (ie I knew how to do a double toe) into a triple when you're in a harness.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
So....I guess this is the era of 3As and 4S for women? :laugh: