Have any of you created programs in your head? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Have any of you created programs in your head?

anyanka

Record Breaker
My program looks like Debi Thomas's infamous "clumsy" exhibition in character as "Wanda" from the 1987 worlds / 1988 Olympics. Except mine would not be a performance so much as just me being Bambi on ice trying not to fall too hard on my backside. No jumps, no spins, the "footwork" would be me trying clumsily to balance, but I'd have a lovely outfit.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Love to. I like to invent new choreography (on my own or with my coach) for myself more than I enjoy the day-to-day training to be able to skate it cleanly. Although I am getting better in terms of stamina etc.

For imagining elite-level choreography in my head, I've made up fictional skaters who can execute what I imagine as well as I want them to and sometimes written out detailed descriptions of the programs in words.

I would rarely go so far as describing every step in a step sequence, but I am more interested in using the skating on the ice between jumps and spins creatively and often thematically than in just the jumps and spins themselves. Sometimes the elements can be thematic as well.
(E.g., in a hypothetical Goldilocks-themed program for a junior lady, including a 3T+1T+2T combination as an example of the too much-not enough-just right motif.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love to. I like to invent new choreography (on my own or with my coach) for myself more than I enjoy the day-to-day training to be able to skate it cleanly. Although I am getting better in terms of stamina etc.

For imagining elite-level choreography in my head, I've made up fictional skaters who can execute what I imagine as well as I want them to and sometimes written out detailed descriptions of the programs in words.

I would rarely go so far as describing every step in a step sequence, but I am more interested in using the skating on the ice between jumps and spins creatively and often thematically than in just the jumps and spins themselves. Sometimes the elements can be thematic as well.
(E.g., in a hypothetical Goldilocks-themed program for a junior lady, including a 3T+1T+2T combination as an example of the too much-not enough-just right motif.)

Same here with what I bolded! OMG! Like when I'm taking a shower for a while to wash my hair, I talk to myself doing this. Like making up stuff like that. Only it's the same characters.

koheikun90

On the Ice
Now that lyrics are allowed I have visually a short program to "Dirty Pop" by nsync. I'm not quite sure which skater can pull this off. If he was around maybe Daisuke takahashi

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yes! Not only do I think up extensive choreo when I come across a particularly passionate piece of music, but I also tweak some skaters' performances in my head too! (I know, I know, how cocky of me :p)

Holy Cow !!! That is exactly what I do....lol. I've even gone as far as splicing some cuts together just for fun. Clearly, I have too much free time ;)

Weathergal

Medalist
Yes! Not only do I think up extensive choreo when I come across a particularly passionate piece of music, but I also tweak some skaters' performances in my head too! (I know, I know, how cocky of me :p)

Yep, me too. Amazing how I rarely fall during these great performances in my head. :biggrin: Too bad I only have rudimentary skating skills.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Do not ignore Pair skating:

4FTh
4STh
4Tw4
3S+3T+2T
3Lz
5RLi4
5ALi4
4Li4
PCCoSp4
FCCosp4
BoDs4

I think that must be the technical maximun at the moment.

aa456

On the Ice
I had created Yuna's 2014LP in my head after I heard the music choice. Must say, she chose a better version of Adios than I did.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone want to see the layout and timings of elements I put when I created in my head a Ladies FP to the Oscar opening monologue from this year?