Talk me into it... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Talk me into it...

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Hooray!

I'm so glad you get to go! I'm planning to attend myself, if I can save up enough vacation time.
Let's all meet up, we'll do lunch or something. :)
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Mathman was thinking along the lines of an "unofficial" Golden Skate hookup... I think it's a great idea (now that I'm going LOL). I've already got plans (I think) to hook up with KwanFan1212 and another one of our friends there... but I'd love to meet everyone! :laugh: this is so exciting! :)

so that means 3 major trips in less than 6 months... can I do it? Time will tell! (My aunt is totally spoiling me...this is crazy! LOL)

Way to go. Now you know what this means, don't you....WE WILL WANT FULL REPORTS! 42

ha ha ha! Since I have several websites to maintain... as well as being "on staff" at The Skate Blade... I think I'll end up doing a "nationals journal" at maybe greatestjournal.com and everyone can just check it out there... I haven't worked out all of that yet... but my laptop has a wireless connection that I can use from anywhere with a wireless system... so for sure there will be reports

now I have to study that "Figure Skating For Dummies" book for the time being to make sure I can identify everything! :laugh:

Congrats, and thank goodness your mom finally changed her mind and for your Aunt Judy. I want an Aunt Judy!

Hey I have to share her with her grandchildren and my 2 other cousins who are in contact with her... ain't no way you're getting my aunt judy! ;) :laugh: actually Aunt Judy got a kick out of your comment! ;)

Last edited:

sk8m8

Final Flight
Dear Toni, I couldn't be more pleased for you. It's great to have loving and supporting family and tell your mom thanks for us. A more educated FS fan is a more informed GS poster!

Just a heads-up...seeing that you know you are going early enough, you may see if there are stock tour companies that can give you a good deal on ticket prices. Also there is a company on the web called hotwire.com. I mention it only because I've found some great deals for airfare and hotels on there. They sell "surplus travel" so about 3 months out, you can start looking for flights and hotels. It is a "blind quote" system, where you put in the dates (being flexible helps, by a day or two) and it will hold the offer for 24 hours. You never know who you are going to fly, but it's always gaurenteed to be a major carrier and likewise, they rate the hotel/motel rooms, offer you your choice of areas of the city you want and list the rating of the hotel/motel (1-5 stars...1 being like a Motel 6 and the 5 being like a hyatt or something fancyschmancy) Good luck and have a good time and with any luck, I just may see you there.

All the best and CONGRATULATIONS!
Mark (your sk8m8)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mark-

I won't need that at all... I have the airpline and ticket coming courtesy of my Aunt's skymiles... so no cost to us there... and I'll be staying with a friend there... all I have to do is afford all event tickets! :laugh: which is more than airfare and hotel combined! :eek:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats, Toni! I'm so glad that this will work out for you. You'll have the time of your life there! :)