How Often do You Skate? | Golden Skate

How Often do You Skate?

sweetmint

Spectator
How often do you skate a week? How many hours each day? At what level?
I skate about 3 or 4 days a week for about an hour each day. Juvenile Free Skate/Novice Moves In the Field

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I skate twice a week, sometimes three times if I'm very lucky. Each time I skate 45 minutes to an hour.

Adult Bronze/ISA Preliminary.

sweetmint

Spectator
6 days a week, 2.5-3.5 hrs, Junior

What moves and freestyle are you? How many years did it take to get to that level?
How long do you think taking the junior and swnior moves test take? What about taking the intermediate to senior freeskate?

mnm464

On the Ice
I passed all my moves. Same freestyle as Junior. I started passing all the tests when I was about 10. It took 4 years from pre juv moves(the ones with the power circles for crossovers) I think to finish, so a year in each junior and senior, don't know for the lower lvl moves. I haven't taken senior freeskate. I can't gage how fast it will take for you to do your tests, since I don't know about your skating.

sweetmint

Spectator
I passed all my moves. Same freestyle as Junior. I started passing all the tests when I was about 10. It took 4 years from pre juv moves(the ones with the power circles for crossovers) I think to finish, so a year in each junior and senior, don't know for the lower lvl moves. I haven't taken senior freeskate. I can't gage how fast it will take for you to do your tests, since I don't know about your skating.

I've been skating for 7 years now and I officially started the tests when I was 10. I'm almost 15 now and I have passed all my moves up to Novice and Freeskate up to Juvenile. I don't plan on attending any competitions because they are way too competitive. I just want to pass the tests and have the mini.um requirements for the Senior Freeskate test. At my rate, doyouthink I could be a Gold Medalist in moves and freeskate in 2.5 years before I start applying for college?

I was also thinking of starting up Ice Dancing because it looks a lot easier. what level would I get to in 2.5 years?

mnm464

On the Ice
Ah, I see. What do you mean about ID? Just the compulsory dances? I think it would be work to get through all of them, but if you are dedicated and put the time in you can do it. As for moves, you are already at Novice moves, so you only have 3 more tests, so you can pass all of them in a fair amount of time. It took me so long to finish bc I am a perfectionist on edges and wanted everything to be really polished so I would have a good base. For your FS, I don't know, again. Your best bet is to talk with your coach about your goals and what you want to do, they/h/s know you best. Good luck!