2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate

Sackie

Medalist
And if S/B were scored at about 120 and Y/J had a couple errors they could be lower then 120!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN)

Music: Humility and Love (from "Creation" soundtrack)

Light blue dress / dark blue blouse, black pants

3T - ok, hers bit forwards
2A+2A+SEQ
3Tw
3LoTh
3Li
BoDs
FCCoSp3p
ChSq
5RLi
3FTh - bit forward, but clean
PCoSp3p

Very nice elegant skate, they fist pump. Should be enough for repeat - sad, they won't be at Worlds...

FS: 57.99+58.24 = 116.23, 178.79, 1st (out of 12)

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Gorgeous skate from Y/J!
To me, they are the champions and skated like a true pair. Some great moments in that program! I really like them a lot

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, Yu/Jin will clearly win after that performance. :) Much better way to end their season than their Universiade LP. Congrats to them.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, what a beautiful and touching performance by Yu/Jin. I guess they're going to be the two time junior World champ.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Yes! Glad that Yu/Jin skated clean. It is sad they won't be at Worlds, but they will have more chances in future.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The PCS difference should have been higher, IMO.
S/B have great elements but are not yet "there" in terms of skating like a two pair.
Anyway, congrats to the medalists!

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Program of Yu/Jin is simply different level. She has pretty consistent SBS jumps, they do beautiful throws and pairs element plus theit level of interpretation and skating is, at least IMO, far ahead everybody skating at this event. Not that other pairs are bad, they are also very good(especially S/B) but this is just something more.

Sackie

Medalist
AND Y/J's score does explain why S/B were not marked higher. Closer then expected.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
S/B have great elements but are not yet "there" in terms of skating like a two pair.

True, they are not, but for me, Yu/Jin aren't really either. Still, they were definitely the best today, congratulations!

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
The PCS difference should have been higher, IMO.
Anyway, congrats to the medalists!

Agree. Anyway it was also very good from Charlie and Julianne. I want to congratulate all the medalist as well.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Agree. Anyway it was also very good from Charlie and Julianne. I want to congratulate all the medalist as well.

Yes it was amazing from them. For such a short time, they are improving extremely fast and I especially like that they seem to connect in a natural way very well one with another. I get instantly good vibes when watching them

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Interview with Yu/Jin. Jin says:

- He cherishes the Second World Junior title as a perfect conclusion to their junior career
- It's their third time competing in Estonia: He loves it here, because every time they skated was better than the last
- Their future plans: Going to WC in Shanghai to study the strength of older competitors, to improve on their weaknesses
- Next season: they will do more all elements more perfectly
- They will stay a few more days in Estonia. What they want to see: Last time, they saw big ship, and want to see it again since they didn't get enough of a look the first time. They will cheer on the other competitors, both Chinese and foreign.

Yang Jin comes across as articulate and thoughtful, and gives detailed answers. :)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Yu&JIn deserved a much larger lead on PCS, their expression and togetherness was in a league of their own here. Lovely program too.