2015 Junior Worlds Free Dance March 7 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Free Dance March 7

SamuraiKike

Medalist
E&B really have no future among russian senior field unless they improve 10x. They just make me sad reminding me Zlobina & Sitnikov's retirenet.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
E&B really have no future among russian senior field unless they improve 10x. They just make me sad reminding me Zlobina & Sitnikov's retirenet.

Well it was much better than the SD, but still a little too uhm frantic and generic. A real throwback program.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Well it was much better than the SD, but still a little too uhm frantic and generic. A real throwback program.

Loboda/Drozd must be still kicking themselves back at thome :(

I looved the german team in the SD but they lost me today picking awful Christina Aguilera soundtrack to burlesque. At least they did try to interpret the rhythm better than previous teams.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Ouch, Benonit had a nasty fall on the twizzles and fell again while trying to get up and avoid tripping with her. The second fall looked even harder. ((his back))

Besides the mistake, they were by far the better team until now. Typical Shpillband, very good speed and technique though lacking in the chemistry department. Swan Lake was not a good suit for them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Really nasty double fall on twizzles...

A really odd double fall too--or at least the second fall was. Still, a spectacular straight line lift. Though if they are going to skate ballet, they need more turn out and extension. Classical yes, but I don't know if the balletic route was the wisest choice. I like them though--I see a lot of potential in them. Even with the two falls they got a SB for that. And they've only been together for 11 months. I'm still keeping an eye on them.

ETA: Is it just me or are there some gawdawful costumes so far? I mean they'd give some late 80s / early 90s a run for their money in the Tackyola Sweepstakes.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Really have a bad feeling that B/M are going to slip to 4th here! And E/P will finish 7th or 8th.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Maybe I saw it wrong...But did they included Betina's hair into choreography(twizzles)? But maybe I am just blind.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2 USA dance teams in the next group. Come on USA let's get bronze here! I can't wait to see the results!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Where are my pinking shears? (Ok, well I actually have to go and buy some, but still...). After about 12 seconds I spent the rest of the program wanting to run out on the ice and chop off the PopovaPony. All that business with the hair was just unnecessary and distracting and GIMMICKY. And they don't need gimmicks. That was one of the best dance spins I've ever seen. Big glitch on the first step sequence. And quite a few smaller glitches. But really, tone it down, stop with the gimmicks. They don't need either.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Popova/Yuri behind the other russian couple...
Russia risks loosing their 3rd spot?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Got up in time for the 3rd and 4th group.

In case you're wondering, I did actually get back in time for the 3rd Group. However, I decided to wind back to watch the highlights of the first 2 groups.

So, consequently, I'm running about 20 minutes behind the LIVE stuff.

And if anybody needs a reminder of the livestream link, here it is:

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/index.html?video_id=18477

Edwards / Pang coming up now for me!

CaroLiza_fan

LisaM

Medalist
Ok I'm not sure if I find this a rip off from D/W's Indian OD or not. The fact that Shpilband coaches them is not helping.

TMC

Record Breaker
Ok I'm not sure if I find this a rip off from D/W's Indian OD or not. The fact that Shpilband coaches them is not helping.

They had some of the same music...a bold move to say the least, I mean comparisons are inevitable :slink: