2015 World JunIor Championships Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 World JunIor Championships Gala

yyyskate

Record Breaker
xiaoyuyu cutecute name and cute:eek::
gosh Chinese lyric!
I love how they interpret piano note in their LP and EX.
Gosh,this is indeed royal!!!
so so proud of Team China!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wow. Nice from Serafima and Evgenia. SBS jumps.
and the boys do spins on their backs. hehehe. 'Break dancing'

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The stream just cut off on me at the end of Yanovskaya / Mozgov's routine!!!! :bang:

So, I missed Shoma and the Finale. :disapp:

PLEASE let the Gala be archived!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, since my viewing of the Gala ended about 20 minutes earlier than I expeced, I decided I may as well watch the rest of the biathlon LIVE. After all, it was only on the 2nd lap, and the pictures and sound on the stream were in sync.

So, apologies for the delay in my comments on selected routines of the 2nd half.

Fields / Stevens: Papadakis and Cizeron have ruined this song for me. Every time somebody skates to it, I can't help but compare it to Gabriella and Guillaume's gala routine. And the French version was so mindblowing that nobody comes close to them. Plus, for somebody from my part of the world, it is not the norm to go to church in jeans.

Wakababy: everything about this routine was beautiful. And I can totally see why people are comparing it to Akiko. It is the sort of routine that she would do.

Parsons / McNamara / Carpenter: Absolute genius! I thought the concept for the routine the Helgessons did Europeans was great, but this was even better. Everything was brilliant. Except the TV coverage. There was too much going on on the ice, and the TV director didn't know where to look. With the Helgessons, I suggested sticking to the camera behind the audience. But, that wouldn't have worked here as all 4 skaters were wearing black and were belending in with the dark too much when this camera was used.

Deniss: Loved it! What a showman! But, I can't decide whether he is the next Plushenko or the next Joubert. (He's definitely not the next Amodio, put it like that!)

Zhenya: As you know, I hated this routine at the GP Final. But some routines can grow on you when you see them again. Suffice to say, this one didn't. I still hate it. Too childish. But, I still love the BeeGees!

Yanovskaya / Mozgov: Loved the skating. But, I have mixed feelings about the music. I love Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" when it was released. And I love it even more now, partly because it brings back a lot of happy memories for me. But, my one complaint about it was that in places she was singing too fast for me to catch the words! With this version, it has gone to the other extreme. It is too slow. Yes, it makes it more dramatic. But, personally, I would prefer something in between.

Can't comment on Shoma or the Finale, as I haven't seen them. Grrrr!!!! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that the Gala has now been added to the archive on the ISU Eurovision channel.

Use the same link as we have all week for the livestream ( http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/index.html?video_id=18477 ), then scroll down to the "Playlists" menu. Select "Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance" and then "2015 ISU Junior World Championships". All the videos from the week will then appear to the right.

I'm off now to watch the last 20 minutes.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just finished watching the end of the Gala.

Have to be honest, I thought the Finale was a bit boring. Liked the music, though. And those kids with painted cats' noses were adorable!

But the messing about afterwards was absolutely priceless! It was so refreshing to see them out there having fun and being, well, normal kids rather than dedicated sportspeople.

I'm so glad that the Gala coverage got archived. And even more glad that the stream did not cut off as soon as the Finale was over, or else we all would have missed the fun.

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Deniss: Loved it! What a showman! But, I can't decide whether he is the next Plushenko or the next Joubert. (He's definitely not the next Amodio, put it like that!)

I would say he's more like a cross between Lambiel and Shawn Sawyer...though I would love it if he is closer to Plushenko or Joubert in terms of competing; hopefully Urmanov can help him in that regard.

But the messing about afterwards was absolutely priceless! It was so refreshing to see them out there having fun and being, well, normal kids rather than dedicated sportspeople.

Last year's gala was the same (and probably all JW galas, but I didn't watch before then). It's really charming. The juniors tend to be much less jaded and guarded than the seniors. I wish they could all keep some of that quality for the rest of their careers, but we know what a brutal sport this is...got to enjoy it while it lasts.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
...Am I the only one who really likes Sima's exhibition? It's much more in line with what I'd like to see in a gala, rather than yet-another-soft-ballad (TM).

For some reason, I connected more with Shoma's exhibition (even with its jump troubles) than I did with his competitive programs. Probably because the routine isn't so busy, and there are moments where he could breathe, skate, and interpret the music freely. :) He's certainly a different league of skater compared to Boyang; just wish he'd showed it in the LP instead of in the gala.

F/M were quite fun. Especially her. Which came as a surprise to me, because I watched him more during the competition. To me, they're the most interesting young Russian pair. Too bad about their jumps and throws.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
...Am I the only one who really likes Sima's exhibition? It's much more in line with what I'd like to see in a gala, rather than yet-another-soft-ballad (TM).

I enjoyed the performance. Not sure about the tracksuit outfit or whatever that was, though. But the facial expressions were priceless.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I loved the Parson/McNamara & Carpenter EX.

They should definitely be invited to next year's version of "Shall We Dance on Ice" show by Disson !

meteorlight8

Rinkside
I enjoyed the performance. Not sure about the tracksuit outfit or whatever that was, though. But the facial expressions were priceless.

I think her facial expressions were trying to channel the girl in the music video for the song - that's my take anyway. It's a bit of an odd EX, but I quite liked it!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think her facial expressions were trying to channel the girl in the music video for the song - that's my take anyway. It's a bit of an odd EX, but I quite liked it!

She seems to have similar facial expressions going during portions of her skating programs too, I think? Kinda freaked me out a bit.