Sota Yamamoto | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Sota Yamamoto

mikaboo

Medalist
This person says that she met Sota a few days ago by coincidence and that he told her that he'll be working on a new program from now on.
He also told her with a big smile that he heard the sound of his bone snap :eekn: But he looked well.

At least we know he has one new program coming up :dance2:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Just saw Sota's tweet. SOoo happy!...and relieved.

Plumededragon

Medalist
This is such great news! His injury got healed quite fast, actually, it's a relief. I hope for a great start in senior, just like bro Shoma did. :hap93:

mikaboo

Medalist
A video from a local TV program on Sota's injury, rehab, and plans for this season. (thanks to the uploader as always!)

A brief translation:
He broke his right ankle when he fell on a 3A
3 months necessary for full recovery, 6 months necessary until he gets back to the form he was in before.
He wants to make it to PyeongChang Olympics.
He did 2 hours+ of rehab everyday. He did core strengthening training when he couldn't skate.
He got back on the ice for the first time in 2 months on May 21.
He thought he might not be able to stand on the ice without holding onto the fence but all the training he's been doing before must have helped.
He'll start training for jumps next week from June.
He'll turn senior and plans to start competing in October.
He doesn't want to give excuses because he was injured, he wants to raise his level more than before.

Ganbatte Sota! :hap10:

Last edited:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Yes so he is turning senior !! Yayyy good luck Sota!
Such a hardworking kid :)
But don't overtrain, even your buddy Shoma is learning to take a day off

mikaboo

Medalist
Sota's been added to the DOI cast (7/1-3) also.
http://www.onice.jp/DOI16/men.html
I'm torn between "Why is he doing ice shows so early after getting back on the ice!?:dev2:" and "I want to see his new programs asap!:yahoo:"
Hopefully he'll take it easy and stick to easy jumps if he's not ready. It might also be good for him just to perform in front on an audience to prepare his nerves for the new season.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Sota's been added to the DOI cast (7/1-3) also.
http://www.onice.jp/DOI16/men.html
I'm torn between "Why is he doing ice shows so early after getting back on the ice!?:dev2:" and "I want to see his new programs asap!:yahoo:"
Hopefully he'll take it easy and stick to easy jumps if he's not ready. It might also be good for him just to perform in front on an audience to prepare his nerves for the new season.

YES just saw the news on twitter and I can't wait. Hopefully he will show a new program cause I'm dying to hear how he's doing with new programs and content etc.

Plumededragon

Medalist
For his first senior season, Sota got 2 GP spots! :cheer: He'll do TEB and NHK. No idea if he can make it to the final, since he's up against massive names, but who knows?
He gets to compete against his idol Yuzuru in NHK... the kid is gonna be upper excited, lol! No idea if it can happen, but how awesome it would be if both Yuzu and him get on the podium.:luv17:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
For his first senior season, Sota got 2 GP spots! :cheer: He'll do TEB and NHK. No idea if he can make it to the final, since he's up against massive names, but who knows?
He gets to compete against his idol Yuzuru in NHK... the kid is gonna be upper excited, lol! No idea if it can happen, but how awesome it would be if both Yuzu and him get on the podium.:luv17:

Omg im so excited for him but he'll have to face Nathan twice in both assignments. This will be extremely interesting. I was seriously hoping for a shoma sota bromance at a gp but they didn't get any same assingments :( also, fun fact, wakaba got the same assignments as him. NHK will be a killer. I really hope he can do well but at the same time i just feel lioe he's doomed in NHK cause of the line up

mikaboo

Medalist

Good luck to Sota at his GP debut! I know I'm going to be very nervous watching him.
Will you be going to TEB? (Looking at your location ;))

yhmafan

Medalist

Good luck for Sota :cheer: (the most recent photo of him at DOI Nagaoka)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Glad that he has 2 GP assignments. I hope to see him in JWC together.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Good luck to Sota at his GP debut! I know I'm going to be very nervous watching him.
Will you be going to TEB? (Looking at your location ;))
I didn't want to since neither Yuzu nor Satoko are going, and I'll be going to GPF. But I'm tempted, now, since the kid, Mao (and Wakaba, right?) are going and since TEB will be in Paris this year. Decisions, decisions... 😁