Wakaba Higuchi | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

mikaboo

Medalist
Blue and white ombre huh :palmf:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tatsuki+Machida+82nd+Japan+Figure+Skating+jurvBuGg1LGl.jpg

Where'd she get the idea from? Byakuyako is a 10 year old drama and it's... definitely not for girls her age. Do we know if she's skating to the main theme (the one Machida skated to) or Shibasaki Kou's "Kage"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVHnZQLUlY

It says "Byakuya wo iku" here so I'm guessing Machida's version.

Edit: It's the one Machida used. I looked up "Byakuya wo iku" and got this.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
now i'm reading twitters, many audience admire this pro so much.
So emotional, so lylical. Such a performance from her couldnt be expected.
Some of them sees it the best tonight.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So Wakaba is now spinning in both directions like Satoko? Awesome :cheer:

I'm waiting patiently for any announcements about her programs. Her program from PIW (exhibition?) looks really fascinating, although k admit I'm unaware of the source material it comes from (will have to do some research on that)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Is Wakaba likely to get two GPs? I would guess that as a reigning JWM and a Japanese national medalist, she would, and I really want her to. But I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of new seniors got SA last year so I hope she and Maria Sotskova both get that event this year :biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Is Wakaba likely to get two GPs? I would guess that as a reigning JWM and a Japanese national medalist, she would, and I really want her to. But I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of new seniors got SA last year so I hope she and Maria Sotskova both get that event this year :biggrin:

I think so? She's Japanese silver medalist and she's been pretty successful. I hope so, at least.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I think that prospect would be bright. Wakaba and Sotskova deserve that. I'm really looking forward to see NEW BLOODS in the senior stage.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Given by the costume, the program reminds me of Machinda's EX. I can't wait to see the new program of Wakaba.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Can NOT wait for Wakababy's Byakuyako. and I somehow knew this song, watched the drama a while back. kinda random at the time (really not that into J-drama at all). but it was a great drama with depth. I loved it. Can not believe that Wakaba chose this song!
I can imagine Wakababy perform to this music. always knew she has the music sensitivity and is the one has an artistic bone inside her.:eek::
if I remember correctly, the actress in this J-drama is also a little chubby, but at the same time, ultimately cute, intriguing and lethal.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
about spinning in 2 directions, wakababy's team maybe thinking of new ways to add more levels into her over all spin levels.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Can NOT wait for Wakababy's Byakuyako. and I somehow knew this song, watched the drama a while back. kinda random at the time (really not that into J-drama at all). but it was a great drama with depth. I loved it. Can not believe that Wakaba chose this song!
I can imagine Wakababy perform to this music. always knew she has the music sensitivity and is the one has an artistic bone inside her.:eek::
if I remember correctly, the actress in this J-drama is also a little chubby, but at the same time, ultimately cute, intriguing and lethal.

Well the drama is based on the novel Byakuyako and Tatsuki Machida choreographed his first EX using the soundtrack from the drama. Byakuyako was one of his favorite novels and in his program he was playing Ryoji Kirihara, the male protagonist. Wakaba probably saw his EX first (otherwise I don't see how she'd choose the soundtrack of a drama that aired 10 years ago, a song that's never been skated to before Machida) and she's probably playing the female protagonist, Yukiho.

The two actors in the drama are very famous in Japan, Takayuki Yamada and Haruka Ayase. Some fans on twitter were talking about Tatsuki and Wakaba doing a collaboration and interpreting their respective characters. :laugh: Well, Machida certainly has some of Yamada's mistery in the drama, and Wakaba has the same mix of sweetness and fire Ayase's character had.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Wow! :love: Excited to hear about her new program, although it might just be an exhibition. Will FaOI be broadcasted? I hope we get the chance to see it.

I'm happy she decided to work with different choreographers this season. Looking forward to her new programs and spins.
I hope she spends some time working on her flip edge though. It would be bad to loose points due to an edge call and -GOE, her flip is nice otherwise. :)