Wakaba Higuchi | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

sakurano

Final Flight
yes it's true she was less expressive than lombardia trophy, I'm just frustrated that she is capable of the best and it is the judges who down to the lowest. I hope to see her at the gala and rest. she can be proud to be in the top six

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Hopefully Japan will invite her to the gala :) And then she can get some nice rest before Nationals :)

russianfan

Match Penalty
she was sooo good at the beginning of her FS, but then something happened...
i really enjoy her FS anyway :agree:

sakurano

Final Flight
PCs Wakaba continue to decline I do not understand, even if it was no longer in my character once comise errors, I think she still skate his best, "must believe that the theory of bombards you your jumps it's serious have you added points in the PCS "it does not apply to everyone.

oh she is invited I hope she will have fun and forget this horrible performance.:love:

LRK

Record Breaker
Isn't Nationals pretty soon? (If I recollect correctly it usually is at the same time as Russian Nationals.) If so, I don't think she can really rest all that much. But at least she won't have to travel too much.

chillychews

Spectator
Japanese Nationals is Dec 20-24 so she has about two weeks and I really hope she can do well there.
I'm surprised she started to slip up in the middle of her program. I actually started getting nervous when the audience started clapping to the music. I thought it would throw off Wakaba's concentration and I think it did when she ended up doing a 2S instead of 3S and the 3Lo instead of her usual triple-triple combo.

I'm not sure how the JSF will view this but I'm supporting Wakaba 100%. She's shown the most improvement and best results this GP season and deserves to go to the Olympics. Now, she just needs to medal at Nationals. :pray:

sakurano

Final Flight
I have just seen that the national will happen in Tokyo but not in the city of Wakaba it can be a good thing as a bad thing if it replicates its performance of today. in any case I support. I hope the JFS will take the right decision and will not repeat their mistake.
I wonder his coach Koji okajima is he corral of his ur problem and edge on the flip? I know he knows Wakaba since she was 3 years old but I find it not very expressive with her he does not even reassure
for his bad skate it's not the same relationship that Mie Hamada has with his students, I find it a shame. sorry for HS but it's a question I ask myself

stormskyress

Rinkside
yulia lipnitskaya said today that she gets the feeling that wakaba doesn't get enough appreciation and value from JSF. she feels that wakaba should be getting much more for what she puts out on the ice. it reminded her of akiko suzuki and and she just can't comprehend why JSF would do this to wakaba.

source: https://twitter.com/asverit/status/939447730266693632

to be frank, i agree with yulia 100%

sakurano

Final Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHrKEQzERY

here is the Ex of wakaba I like it but I would love to rework his ex star flamenco ice last year, I saw that little end and I think that this style fits him well .

during this Ex it still poped his jump I wonder what happens to him in his junior season except the call and under rotation on 3T I do not remember that she missed her jumps? can be puberty.:bang:

on a positive note i'm glad she's keeping a smile i think it'll make her stronger.

it is sad that the judges do not recognize her talent because she is not a princess.

for the comment of Julia I thank him for enlightening us on this point because it is true that it is a question mark for me. although I like Satoko a lot, they should have fairness for everyone and it's still in category A

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Post GPF interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVmIxxZbhw

Feelings of frustration are strong. The fact that she was extremely nervous was a good learning experience. Will not make mistakes in next comp (laughs).
Re big growth since last season: she got better at making changes; ability to have strong desire.
Scoring? Since she scored over 200 with mistakes, thinks it bodes well for high score when mistake-free. Looking forward to next comp.
Her affinity for JNats: The 1st time she was so nervous her knees buckled in K&C which surprised her.
Making Olympic team: So far at JNats she has not been satisfied with her performance or scores. This year she wants to make that happen and get a good start for the following comp.

Fed officials say that her ability to maintain a positive attitude is a sign that she is maturing as an athlete.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Post GPF interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVmIxxZbhw

Feelings of frustration are strong. The fact that she was extremely nervous was a good learning experience. Will not make mistakes in next comp (laughs).
Re big growth since last season: she got better at making changes; ability to have strong desire.
Scoring? Since she scored over 200 with mistakes, thinks it bodes well for high score when mistake-free. Looking forward to next comp.
Her affinity for JNats: The 1st time she was so nervous her knees buckled in K&C which surprised her.
Making Olympic team: So far at JNats she has not been satisfied with her performance or scores. This year she wants to make that happen and get a good start for the following comp.

Fed officials say that her ability to maintain a positive attitude is a sign that she is maturing as an athlete.

:confused: This whole season? Besides GPF she's performed wonderfully at all her assignments, and have gotten personal best scores as well as some of the highest scores of the Japanese ladies. I get that she needs to perform well at nationals too, though.

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
:confused: This whole season? Besides GPF she's performed wonderfully at all her assignments, and have gotten personal best scores as well as some of the highest scores of the Japanese ladies. I get that she needs to perform well at nationals too, though.

Not this season. She is talking about her performances at sr nationals the last 3 years.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yulia lipnitskaya said today that she gets the feeling that wakaba doesn't get enough appreciation and value from JSF. she feels that wakaba should be getting much more for what she puts out on the ice. it reminded her of akiko suzuki and and she just can't comprehend why JSF would do this to wakaba.

source: https://twitter.com/asverit/status/939447730266693632

to be frank, i agree with yulia 100%

Will Yulia's fangirling of Wakababy ever end :drama:

....let's hope not :biggrin:

She just needs to do well at Nationals and make the team. I'm pretty confident she is going to do just that. Skyfall is brilliance on ice.

sakurano

Final Flight
Ah I remember a video of her first national senior she was crying and could barely stand up, I think her performance was not that bad, but it's true that she can show us that she can do better every day and she learns from her mistakes, she is a hard worker who is sometimes too hard with herself, I think she is a bit like Satoko.

and otherwise wakaba always has beautiful dress in XD banquets
https://www.instagram.com/p/BchsvRMHObb/?taken-by=wakababy_sk8r

good luck at the national

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
and otherwise wakaba always has beautiful dress in XD banquets
https://www.instagram.com/p/BchsvRMHObb/?taken-by=wakababy_sk8rl
Ah, Massimo Scali... I'd like to thank him for giving his BEST PROGRAM EVER to Wakaba! (Gypsy Dance)

His Scheherzade choreography for Wakaba was great too!

Well, while I'm at it... Thank you Shae-Lynn too, for giving your BEST PROGRAMS EVER to Wakaba! (La Cena/La Caliifa, and Skyfall) :-D

Wakaba's programs these last two seasons have been among the most beautiful, distinctive, and memorable... and great showcases for both her existing abilities, and her growing maturity and expressiveness in performance.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wakaba will be skating 2nd in the last group (Warm Up Group 5) for the Ladies short program at Japanese Nationals! Wishing her all the luck :cheer:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wakaba is currently in 4th place after the short program (TSS: 68.93 TES: 35.79, PCS: 33.14)

She showed some nerves and a pop in her 2A, but otherwise a solid program. I'm so in love with her James Bond program, so I'm hoping she performs well and shakes away her nerves!

sakurano

Final Flight
poor wakaba I feel that it goes down little by little cependand I greet her for not giving up on the road and succeed his jumps without call ur although she had a call on his 3F. This perfomance was pretty good.
I hope she will not do as Gracie Gold a talented skater but to whom her nerves have made her faults. but I believe in her?

about the fan art of judges I like his style and the # he put on his tumblr about Wakaba XD