Tiffany Stiegler and new ice-dance partner? | Golden Skate

Tiffany Stiegler and new ice-dance partner?

imanta

Rinkside
It was posted over on another skating website (are we allowed to say the name?) that there's a good chance Tiffany Stiegler is going to start ice dancing with Sergei Magerovsky....does anyone know anything about this? I had heard she was considering switching to ice dancing, but haven't heard any official word other than the announcement that her and Cording had split.

IDLERACER

Medalist
If I had my life to live over again, I would definitely have taken up ice dancing (I'm not buff enough for pair skating). There seems to be such a dismal amount of American males to choose from, that inevitibly, most U.S. females have to resort to skating with Russians.

Lotta

On the Ice
Well... I hope she does well with that.

And I thought it was Tiffany SCOTT! *lolz*

sk8m8

Final Flight
OMG, it's pairs and ID carnage, they are dropping like flies, Stiegler and Cording, Laura Handy and Jeremy Allen (Why can't that gal find a parter to develop with? She was great with Binabose!) Larisa Spielberg and Craig Joeright. retiring to get married and finish school ( and they were the Bronze Medalist at the Splat fest, er I mean Nats...sad, sad)

Funny thing about Bert and Tiff...I thought to myself seeing them at Nats that they were both really spiffy skaters, however, they just didn't seem to "match up" so to speak.

I will now resurect my past stated wish....Peter T, are you out there listening, think you can teach Tiff how to dance the MIdnigt Blues??? Oh, Please, please please:D

imanta

Rinkside
I wonder if she considered skating with Peter T? He is a lot older than her though. But I think he has never reached his full potential with a partner yet.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea for Tiffany (to switch to ice dancing). She's always had really nice lines and has gotten fairly tall for a pairs skater. What do you guys think?

shine

Record Breaker
I think this is a brilliant decision, and I only wish that it could have been made many years ago. I've always thought that pairs skating would prevent the "natural performer" in Tiffany from completely shining through. To me, there's too many tough tricks to learn and too little room for expression and originality in pairs.
I think with a few years of hard training, Tiffany could be a totally brilliant dancer. Like already said, she has some of the best carriage and line that we've seen in any skater, a regal elegance, a rare classical flair and natural charm, and SO much musicality. Most importantly, Johnny and her were known for their speed and edging when they still skated together (despite all the problems they'd had with the pair elements)--much thanks to Irina Rodnina and her Russian school of stroking.
I think ice dance is THE way to go for Tiffany, she has all the things I seek in an ice dancer. She can work on improving what she's always been good at, without having to worry about falling on difficult throws and jumps all the time. Besides, ice dance is also a much longer lived career, injuries notwithstanding.
I really hope she can finally realize her potential this time.

Last edited:

imanta

Rinkside
Shine--I was just going to ask about Tiffany's speed and edging! Thanks for your observations! I was curious about Tiffany's basic skating skills (including speed and edging) and what people think about them---anyone else have opinions?

brenlynn

On the Ice
Only being 20, that is still very young in the world of ice dance.

I love Tiffany, and I always have. I hope she can find herself a kick ass partner! She is such a classic beauty on the ice, I could go on for ages gushing about her, but there isn't much left to be said about her that hasn't been said yet.

Best of luck to her!!