2015 World's Practice Reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 World's Practice Reports

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Anna's is gorgeous. Her 2A looks much better now.
Practice videos are being uploaded here: http://www.tudou.com/home/_64415149/item

I haven't looked through them all, but I saw small clips of Liza...

Despite the reports of Radionova and Pogorilaya having bad practices, here is Pogorilaya doing a clean run through of her SP. The camera switches to Liza right at the beginning of the spin, but it looks like the illusion spin has been replaced with an I spin.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/B3G4uomBP64/

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reply. :) I'll head down to the arena later, then. :)

And thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking around here for years but never got round to posting... :eek:hwell:

Glad you are no longer lurking keep posting and enjoy world's. So exciting. Hope you see some great skating and meet some wonderful skaters and their entourage of coaches and choreographers.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You think Shin Amano will spare her? :unsure:

Her flutz isn't as bad as others... She won't be spared but perhaps she will only receive a !. It's pretty stupid that such a call (! or e) might be the difference between Wagner making the final flight or not.

And if its e it goes back to my earlier concern about the futility in skaters attempting to improve their technique if it does pay off and everyone should go back to easier jumps. I'd be very surprised if we saw as many programs attempt both the lutz and flip, as in previous years. Ashley might flutz, but she's one of the few skaters in the field attempting the two hardest triples in her SP.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ashley looks like she is poised for Gold. I believe she can do it. She looks powerful and confident. The russian ladies look blah. Radionova does not have the polish, finish or power of Gracie when she is on or Ashley. Anna looks a bit frail. Liza is okay but no fire in the practices from what I have seen and what my friend who is there says.

cl2

Final Flight
And good for Shin Amano... if the right call is made.

It's not the tech panel's job to grasp for ways to avoid penalizing a faulty jump, either in edge or rotation.

It's the skater's job to properly execute the jump, and to do it in a way that leaves no doubt that it was done correctly.

I don't like hearing about "lenient" or "strict" panels. "Leniency" lets us all feel good about our favorite skater, but it cheats the athlete who has demonstrated true mastery of the skill.

Totally agree. We should be arguing over "right" vs "wrong" calls, instead of "lenient" vs "strict".

Alba

Record Breaker
Practice videos are being uploaded here: http://www.tudou.com/home/_64415149/item

I haven't looked through them all, but I saw small clips of Liza...

Despite the reports of Radionova and Pogorilaya having bad practices, here is Pogorilaya doing a clean run through of her SP. The camera switches to Liza right at the beginning of the spin, but it looks like the illusion spin has been replaced with an I spin.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/B3G4uomBP64/

I'm glad about that. Anna is doing very well here. I hope she will do great in competition as well.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Her flutz isn't as bad as others... She won't be spared but perhaps she will only receive a !. It's pretty stupid that such a call (! or e) might be the difference between Wagner making the final flight or not.

And if its e it goes back to my earlier concern about the futility in skaters attempting to improve their technique if it does pay off and everyone should go back to easier jumps. I'd be very surprised if we saw as many programs attempt both the lutz and flip, as in previous years. Ashley might flutz, but she's one of the few skaters in the field attempting the two hardest triples in her SP.

If not for the harsh penalty against wrong take off edge, I am pretty sure Wagner would not have as much incentive to correct her flutz. It has already improved much in the past few months from a clear "e" to "!". She used to have a pretty easy to spot flutz in the past. One extra bonus which I wonder if folks have noticed - since the improvement in her lutz edge, her blade work and general edges also seemed to have gone up a notch. That should help boost her SS although she is still not quite at the level (IMO) as say Gracie Gold in that category.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If anyone has Team Australia practice reports - Brendan or Brooklee or both - I would be most grateful. :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i havent seen anyone posted this so here it is, Pang/Tong new SP, i liked it but when i first saw their LP this season i was so amazed by it, and new sp feels similar thats why it didnt have that same magical effect on me :hopelessness: maybe it will be better when they perform it tomorrow:cheer:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Based on the practice video Anna looks quite good! Hopefully she can hang in there for the competition! Hanyu also looks great despite the injury!