My Worlds Experience | Golden Skate

My Worlds Experience

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Well my friend surprised me yesterday with tickets to all the conpetitions :D So I'll be posting my experience and what it is like to actually be in the arena. If you also went to the worlds feel free to put it here to!!

Well I went to some practices today, Zijun did lots of 3T3T so hopefully shell put that in the so. Ashley did pretty well too ^^ well I'm exhausted, but I'll share everything I experience with y'all :) Have a great week!!

LisaM

Medalist
Oh that's an awesome gift from your friend! If you could keep an eye on the Russian ice dancers (especially I/Z) I'll be forever grateful. Have a great time!

mustafakent

On the Ice
Do you have something to say about Ashley's triple-triple's and lutz ? Did she land any clean 3Lo-1Lo-3S ? Biggest question for me. :drama:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Well my friend surprised me yesterday with tickets to all the conpetitions :D So I'll be posting my experience and what it is like to actually be in the arena. If you also went to the worlds feel free to put it here to!!

Well I went to some practices today, Zijun did lots of 3T3T so hopefully shell put that in the so. Ashley did pretty well too ^^ well I'm exhausted, but I'll share everything I experience with y'all :) Have a great week!!

Thank you. I love reading live reports of skating competitions and am looking forward to reading your accounts.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Do you have something to say about Ashley's triple-triple's and lutz ? Did she land any clean 3Lo-1Lo-3S ? Biggest question for me. :drama:

Her Lutz I believe has an unclear edge on it. Yes, she did land some clean snadwiches ;) I thin a few were under roatated, I was only there for about half an hr since we had other things to do :p

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Oh that's an awesome gift from your friend! If you could keep an eye on the Russian ice dancers (especially I/Z) I'll be forever grateful. Have a great time!

Sure! My friend is a former ice dancer, amateur of course but ice dancer nonetheless. I'll ask him to comment for me on ice dance since its not my favorite event

mustafakent

On the Ice
Her Lutz I believe has an unclear edge on it. Yes, she did land some clean snadwiches ;) I thin a few were under roatated, I was only there for about half an hr since we had other things to do :p

Lutz is a big risk but she has to take if she wants to win the title.Thank you for the answer.:cool:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a lovely gift! And thank you for being generous enough to offer to tell us about your experiences!

Have a great time.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Alright guys I'm back with more practice reports! I went to see the Russian's group today and oh... oh my goodness it was quite the fiasco. Anna Pogorilaya didn't do her very best, she looks very wonky and not stable. Elena was very bad too!! Quite a shocker, maybe just some time difference. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it's just the morning practice. Elizaveta was on fire as always however :D She did her program with 3A, didn't land it but I don't think she'll go for it. I won't be attending the afternoon practices. More coming up soon though :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Alright guys I'm back with more practice reports! I went to see the Russian's group today and oh... oh my goodness it was quite the fiasco. Anna Pogorilaya didn't do her very best, she looks very wonky and not stable. Elena was very bad too!! Quite a shocker, maybe just some time difference. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it's just the morning practice. Elizaveta was on fire as always however :D She did her program with 3A, didn't land it but I don't think she'll go for it. I won't be attending the afternoon practices. More coming up soon though :)

Have fun and thanks so much for sharing!
You can fall as many times as you want in practice, as long as you land it all in competition. :cheer:

mnm464

On the Ice
Thank you so much for posting! Can you post info on the Reeds, Shibs, and Yuzuru Hanyu and Yan Han, as well please? Also, I think that Zijun's speed as been lagging a little compared to other seniors. Perhaps it has improved since 4CC? How is her SS and performance now?

NaVi

Medalist

I know from an interview that Radionova planned to leave Moscow the night of the 23rd...that there would be one day of adjustment, one day of training, and then the competition. To make that very early practice she would have had just gotten off the plane that she slept on. It's 2:30am on their internal time clock.

I've been trying to figure out how jetlag would factor into Worlds... West-to-East travel is suppose to be worse for jetlag than East-to-West... but it's kind of a wash when it's 5 hours West-to-East(Moscow) vs 9 hours East-to-West(California). That being said, one site I read on jetlag flat out recommended against what Radionova said she was going to do.

Last edited:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I know from an interview that Radionova planned to leave Moscow the night of the 23rd...that there would be one day of adjustment, one day of training, and then the competition. To make that very early practice she would have had just gotten off the plane that she slept on. It's 2:30am on their internal time clock.

I've been trying to figure out how jetlag would factor into Worlds... West-to-East travel is suppose to be worse for jetlag than East-to-West... but it's kind of a wash when it's 5 hours West-to-East(Moscow) vs 9 hours East-to-West(California). That being said, one site I read on jetlag flat out recommended against what Radionova said she was going to do.

See, I knew pressure couldn't have gotten to Radionova. I'll try and make it tomorrow and see what happens :)

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Thank you so much for posting! Can you post info on the Reeds, Shibs, and Yuzuru Hanyu and Yan Han, as well please? Also, I think that Zijun's speed as been lagging a little compared to other seniors. Perhaps it has improved since 4CC? How is her SS and performance now?

I'll try to make some practices tomorrow :) As for Zijun, she has had a very long growth spurt, she seems to be growing out of it now. Based on the practices, I think she's playing a safe program for a top 10 finish and crowd pleaser ^^ she did lots of triple toes triple toe combos instead of 3F3T. I just hope that she adds all of her content. At 4CC, she left out an entire combo jump whcih hurt her dearly. Perflrmance wasnt bad, she had a genuine smile in her face, which at the end of the day, js worth more than any medal ^^

Eclair

Medalist
thank you so much for sharing your experience!

does anybody know why zijun doesn't do a 3f-3t in her sp?

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
thank you so much for sharing your experience!

does anybody know why zijun doesn't do a 3f-3t in her sp?

It's been inconsistent, she usually doesn't get the right takeoff for it to be successful. Most times she just doubles e the toe

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Anna was in a terrible shape when she was at her first GP's (Skate America?) pre-competition practice this season but she went ahead and won the completion. So it is really hard to tell from practice.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Thanks for the report. Anna tore her ligament after euros and missed a month of training so I'm not surprised to hear that she didn't do to well. hope everyone is fit and does well in the sp. :cheer: