Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her first child, a baby girl named Apple.

Who in their right mind would name anyone APPLE!

There oughtta be a law!!

k.

Thumbs down

Maybe Moon Unit Zappa can be her babysitter. :D

ahhhh... Hollywood

but congrats to the parents! Gwenyth is one of my favorite actresses! Even if she does choose weird names

Custom Title
    OMG That poor little baby!!!! I thought it was awful when my dh wanted to name one of our girls BAMBI! He was thinking of a doe eyed little girl. I had to convince him everyone else would hear the name Bambi and think, ''stripper.'' Plus, being Bambi's mother didn't appeal to me.

Well, many blessings to the little one. Zowie Bowie [David's son] changed his name the first chance he got. She can too.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Susan, you might've also reminded him that in the movie, Bambi is A BOY.

so nice of Gwyneth to name her kid after my computer...

Laura

.........and I bet she's the ..... of her dad's eye! 42

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    For some reason I dont hate the name apple for a baby gwynth.... I couldnt pull it off myself, but maybe if the baby is extra cute (highly likely) they can.

and I bet she's the ..... of her dad's eye! 42
    Show-I bet ya that is how they came up with that name.

Custom Title
    Well, this definitely fits in with the growing list of odd names Hollywood's brightest stars have been pumping out in the past several years. Maybe her middle name will be Dumpling or Fritter....I would never brand my child with such a name. But, Gwyneth's kid will probably never set foot in a public school...so, at least she won't be tormented. She will be surrounded by people that are paid to love her strange name! At any rate, I'm glad that everything went well. It certainly should be a very attractive child.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by BronzeisGolden
    But, Gwyneth's kid will probably never set foot in a public school...so, at least she won't be tormented.
    You can't seriously believe that children in private school are any less vicious than public school children! Those morons just slapped a huge KICK ME sign on their own child, just to be "different" and call attention to their selfish, egocentric selves. Poor kid--rich, sure. But, poor kid!

Custom Title
    Unfortunately it isn't just celebrities. A few years back, there was a post on a family board I visited . A woman was having a spat with her husband. The poster was a month or so from delivering a little girl. It seemed she wanted to name the baby, Heaven Leigh. Her dh was absolutely dead set against it. [Thank God] She thought he was being unreasonable and asked our opinion.
    For the most part, people tried to phrase the opinions tactfully. She didn't use that name, but she remained convinced that it was the perfect name for a girl.

One of my SILs, won the ''weird name'' prize in my family. She named my neice- Amanda Sandra. The poor kid was hearing Manwich Sandwich remarks every time she turned around.

Maybe Apple is pronouced differently.......maybe its "Ah-pell" or maybe "Ap-lee".........just a thought :\ 42

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I think Apple's middle names are Blythe Allison, so they aren't necessarily going to call her Apple.

Speaking of weird names, I have a Master's in English and two of the people I went to school with loved Shakespeare. Did they name their kid William? No. Hamlet? No. Othello? No. Though the last two would've been bad, they chose to name their son after a minor character in MacBeth (or maybe Hamlet?), Fleance.

Poor kid.

Laura

Tripping on the Podium
    Good gawd... Some parents just need biffed. I worked with a woman who named her daughter Precious Angel Jones--I kid you not. All I could think was 'why the hell didn't you just name her "Beat me up daily"?' because that's what's going to happen!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast